odor question

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by chrisgbut, Dec 18, 2008.

1. #1 chrisgbut, Dec 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2008
    Hey all, I searched these forums with no solution found for my question. I have a cloth wardrobe from Wal-mart that I'm converting into a grow room. This is the wardrobe i'm converting [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-3B2703BLTN-36-inch-Breathable-Wardrobe/dp/B001ANZJOI/ref=pd_bxgy_k_img_b"]Amazon.com: Rubbermaid 3B2703BLTN 36-inch Breathable Wardrobe Storage, Blue: Kitchen & Dining[/ame] . My question is will I be fine with a carbon filter hooked up to my exhaust fan or would the smell go through the cloth? I have all the walls covered in Mylar to light proof it/reflect light. Would i have to insulate it with cardboard or something similar? Thanks in advance guys.

Oh, and another question so I don't have to make another thread. I know my temp is good for growing, 77, but is 44-50% humidity too high or low? I know you are suppose to have higher humidity for vegging then flowering but would it still work?

2. That is a really tough call. You may want to look into alternatives being that it is not air tight in the least bit. Do you have something covering the plastic window up top? You may want to look into an ozium mister on the exterior along with using a carbon filter, and use potporri around the house.

3. Yea, I have the whole thing covered in mylar, the seems are held together with double sided duck tape and I light proofed the corners with ducting tape (aluminum outside of tape).

I have a glad plug-in right next to my grow area. The intake and exhause are 12v computer fans sealed well with glue and some of that tape. It pulls air very nicely through the Wardrobe. I also have a carbon filter ready.

It's totally light proof so I believe it should work. Thanks for the reply.

4. 2 12v fans are way way too small for that size, even if you use CFL's, and especially if you want to use a carbon filter....

You need a minimum of 100CFM for each fan, and if you use a carbon filter, 150 or more.

5. I'm on a tight budget... The only thing I've bought were the emergency blankets so imma stick with the fans I have now, hopefully they work.