Odor question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Deleted member 638051, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Pardon my ignorance. I read here so much about people trying to control odor and making such a big deal about it. I have a 2nd bathroom from my bedroom that is full of plants flowering (different sizes) and there is little if any odor. When I first walk into my bedroom I can faintly smell a little hay, but it's only just noticeable.  I estimate about another month to go before thinking about harvest. I can get a whiff when I reach in and shake a plant, and I can smell it on my fingers afterwards. I read here that other people are scared of getting busted with odor from a plant or two, and my unfiltered bathroom is full (crowded) of plants with fans blowing and hardly any odor at all. I'm a little concerned. Does this mean I'm gonna harvest shit weed? Or does odor have nothing to do with potency? Is there any relation to odor and potency?

2. Just that the odor increases as the plants flower...the longer they flower, the stronger the odor! And after you harvest? It's really going to be strong! Smell the inside of your stash jar or box! That's pretty much how it will smell! I would ask someone who has never smoked or been around it to give it the 'whiff test'....you may be desensitized to the smell! Hubs always knows when I've been watering...he can smell me a mile away! And that's just going into the room to water! I haven't even trimmed at this point! Wear rubber gloves....the stuff won't come off easily! Trust me! I can smell it on myself when out in a store! Not a good scenario! My point is, I suppose, is get another opinion on your 'lack' of smell! Might just save your butt! :)

3. I practically have to leave the house and come back to catch a whiff, but I've been told the whole house reeks at times when the tent is open.  Tent closed, can't smell a thing.

4. Same here! I have three separate areas....a work area with a countertop for supplies, etc., a veg room that has no odor, and the flowering room, which has a Pro 100 Charcoal vented to the outside. No smell in the house whatsoever! I just had a guest for a week who absolutely HATES the stuff and has a nose like a bloodhound! They never had a clue there was ANYTHING growing, ANYWHERE! So, I'm thinking I have a pretty good air filtration system going, cuz if they couldn't snark it out, no one can! That I know of anyway! Always better to be safe!!! 

5. I've never had an overwhelming problem with odor.  First time with this many plants in this small of an area. Before, with only a couple plants, I would actually try to smell it. I love the smell. I'm a legal patient, so security is not really an issue.
    I was just expecting a really strong odor with a dozen plants in the bathroom, but it just ain't happening. I don't know why, and I feel like I'm missing out. To me the odor of flowering dope is a treat and I feel like I gypped myself somehow.

These plants went through some slow growing in cold temps outside, then brought into the house with poor emergency planning and inadequate lighting, etc. and I was just wondering if the lack of odor was any sign of the damage done.