Odor control

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by katana2k9, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Hey all anyone got some simple ideas on odor control without the need of a carbon filter any idea appreciated KAT

2. there is a thread in the absolute beginners section of the growing forum "so you wanna grow marijuana... your ?'s answered here" The OP is very helpful, try and keep questions like this in that thread if you can.

other than that, I'm going to attempt to run my exhaust fan through a fuckload of scented dryer sheets, I'll let you know how that goes. otherwise, SEARCH. there are probably 100 guides on here about making something to control odor of a grow. USE THE SEARCH FEATURE

99.9% of the questions you have were already asked here. guaranteed

3. #3 Don Piano, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2009
    ozium time misters. Incense. Fill a rubbermaid tub with a bottle of PineSol and water half way and exhaust your air from the cab into a hole in the lid. Put a few holes surrounding the exhaust duct in the lid of the rubbermaid for air to escape the container, mixing the weed smelling air with pinesol will make an undeterminable smell. The only thing that can be determined is that the smell will not be straight weed.

Ona Gel. Ozone generators.

Buying a carbon filter is one of the best investments though. I made a really good DIY carbon scrubber for my veg area, and it worked for a day or so and the strong smell was coming through the next. I eventually sucked it up and purchased a CAN carbon filter for $30 and have never looked back since, as far as smell goes.

Ask questions. Get answers. This is the design forum, and I consider that part of designing a cab.

4. Two Simple Little Word's DRYER SHEET'S Check the first link in my signature for full explanation guarantee you it will work as its never let me down an my parent's are in the next room

5. I am from the generation that invented the dryer sheet paper towel tube smoke exhaler to hide smoke smell. They do work. But for a limited time. Plus I hate handling those things. And if you don't have your fan running 24/7 the flavor of dryer sheet will imbed itself into your final product. Ever smoked dryersheet flavored weed? I have and it sucks.:smoking:

6. hey guys thanks for the promt replys u gave me alot to think about and now its upto which one do i use hmmm thanks again KAT

7. well yes don all you have to do is change the sheeting every three days maybe less maybe alittle more depending on the product an yes the second the fan goes off you remove the dryer sheet thank you i forgot to add

8. I do like the idea. Don't get me wrong. But if the cab is exhausted into the normal room where the same air is being used for intake air (such as in a bedroom or dorm room) you will still have problems with tasting that aweful taste in the end.