odor control

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by arjan1000hps, Nov 10, 2008.

1. will this setup de-odorize a 10x8 room with 20 plants under 1800watts?
    http://www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=52609
    424cfm will cycle all air through the filter every 90 seconds
    but it will have to kill the odor of almost a kilo of chronic (white widow, big bang, and kush)

2. I would think that would work... what is the temp like in there? I assume you're using Co2? I can't imagine the smell that must create dude! :eek:

For supplemental air "freshenening" you might try something inexpensive I picked up another forum. You take a 5-Gallon bucket w/ lid & mount a "muffin fan" in the center of the lid (or if you're lucky you can find a fan that will fit snug into the top of the bucket, then you won't need the lid). Drill about 20 large holes around the top of the bucket to allow air flow into the bucket. Buy some "Soil Moist" - it's a synthetic polymer that you're supposed to add to soil that retains water (never tried it for that). Then buy some liquid "ONA" (comes in liquid, gel & blocks but you want the liquid - stands for odor neutralizing agent). It also comes in different scents (I find the fresh linen to be the most effective). Add 9-cups of water, 1-cup of ONA & 1-cup of Soil Moist. Mix it up really good (the soil moist will swell considerably) & place your fan on top (blowing out!) Turn it on & place it in the corner of the room & you're good to go! You have to stir it up a couple of times a day & add some more water & ONA occasionally. Replace everything (Soil Moist & ONA) & start from scratch after each harvest though. I don't have anything like you but when I go in there all I smell is the ONA... & NO - It WILL NOT AFFECT your plants in ANY WAY - It's actually organic-based!!! :hello:

It works well anywhere you have odors (cat box, smoking area, etc.) Trust me, you'll Love It for what you'll invest!!! :)

3. My buddy has a carbon filter like that with a different fan, works pretty good so far. He also uses the Ona, in a auto sprayer set for 10 minute sprays. The ona comes in a small and large spray bomb, get the small one and then just pick up a AirWick auto sprayer kit
    [​IMG]

4. I'm telling you - that ONA KICKS BUTT! I was skeptical until I tried it & then I was mad because I waited so long. It's available at most hydro shops (where I live anyway) but you might find a better deal at a nursery supply (for diapers) or a janitorial supply company, shop around because it's the most expensive ingredient (but also the most important).