Odds on who will win the next election?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tbone Shuffle, Jul 16, 2019.

1. I thought Oregon was ANTIFA headquarters.

• Like Like x 1
  2. His tax cuts added 400/mo bring home to my budget. Just saying you asked. That 4800/year has been a game changer.

• Like Like x 1
  3. You’d have no America without it lol. You think other states would participate???

We’d form our own union and then probably eventually take your land over and put you in internment camps

4. Cool, so you didn't mind that you didn't get a refund at the end of the year?

5. I’m confused, are Trump haters divided about their hatred for Trump???

That strategy failed hard in 2016 and midterms when you look at how republicans gained in the senate, can’t pretend that more hatred will beat a man with actual agenda and sound policy like stopping illegal immigration and negotiating better trade deals, making NATO pay their fair share, and not being the cuck our previous leaders were.

You think they haven’t talked ENOUGH shit about Trump??? Yeah that must be it! Lol.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. No I still make enough to where I get more back still. You see, they would take more before, but then not give it back.

You see when you *actually* contribute to the economy you will end up paying WAY more than $4800 in taxes. And very few of those ppl end up getting it all back.

You seem to not understand how this all works... I’m guessing you file EZ form?

My refund was larger after his cuts than before.

• Like Like x 3
  7. And even still only a fool uses taxes like a bank account!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone with any financial intelligence at all would see that for what it is. Interest free loan to gov...

Why would you rather not have 100% of your income, save money for taxes in a high interest bearing account etc... then pay at the end and keep the interest earned for yourself?

Seriously, poor and uneducated are only ones that should use taxes like a bank account. Because you can’t trust them to make smart financial decisions.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Equal pay is a dead issue? I don't think so.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Ideally, on tax withholdings, you want to come as close to breaking even as possible. The government is TERRIBLE with money. The average person is better at budgeting a checkbook lol. Take your money when you earn it.

Don’t hand out an interest free loan because you don’t trust yourself to save up for vacation lol.

This mentality of ‘someone else take my money for me and don’t let me have it till jan or else i’ll blow it’ is the problem.

I repeat. The government is NOT a savings account. Didn’t shutdown screw ppl outta getting their refunds early this year??? Just sayin.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
  10. You are contradicting your own post. Honestly I don't care about your taxes to even try to decipher these posts. Congrats on winning $400/month.

11. You were the one who asked what has he directly done that has benefitted us?

Just saying ppl who claim 0 to get a ‘larger refund’ are the ones who feel like they won the lotto in Jan after giving thousands in interest free loan to IRS. Lol

I try to adjust to break even. Sometimes I owe $200-2000. Most of the time lol. Until last year. Saw more of my money every check, got $1k return. Really anytime I owe less than $1k I’m pretty thrilled about it lol.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Why should he? Would you rather the state save some of your stolen money to give back like they are your savings account?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  13. It’s pretty obvious you don’t know anything about taxes and refunds.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Yeah I forgot that all the posters here are expert accountants, politicians, scientists, economists, foreign relations gurus and masters of the international law and accomplished businessmen.

Or maybe just a bunch of people talking smack. I can't figure it out, but what do I know?

15. Business Is Booming = the Rich are Getting Richer

16. Trump

17. I just cleaned up a few posts in this thread, let's stay on topic please.

18. May throw $100 on Harris... that way if I lose my money, I’d be happy Trump won, but if by some chance he lost, hey, at least I’d have a consolation prize lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. His tax cuts added

The average household would get a tax cut of $1,610 in 2018, a bump of about 2.2 percent in that average household's income, according to a report released Monday by the Tax Policy Center, a nonpartisan think tank that has been critical of the tax overhaul
    Unfortunatly, extremes make averages, and the benefits would be much larger for richer households. A household earning $1 million or more would get an average cut of $69,660, an income bump of 3.3 percent. Compare that with the a tax cut of $870, or 1.6 percent, for the average household earning $50,000 to $75,000.

So RICH people get MORE than 2x the tax break vs Middle Income. 3.3% vs 1.6%.
    My wife paid $1800 MORE this year vs last year.

The numbers look bleaker a decade out for most American households. To help ensure their bill met the budget limits Republicans had set for themselves, lawmakers set many individual income tax changes to sunset after 2025 (however, they made cuts to corporate tax rates permanent).

For example, the bill changes tax rates across income brackets, increases the standard deduction and increases the child tax credit — but only until the end of 2025.

As a result, the Tax Policy Center predicts that in 2027, the average tax cut would amount to $160, or just a 0.2 percent income bump.

This would mean a tiny tax bump for many lower- and middle-class households — the average $50,000 to $75,000 — earning household would have a tax bill that is $30 higher than today. The average household earning more than $1 million would get a cut of more than $23,000.

The GOP Tax Bill’s Estimated Effects In 2027
    In 2027, the Republican tax overhaul would raise taxes on 53 percent of households. Still, as in 2018, both by percentages and total dollars, the benefits would be far greater for higher-income households. Households making $1 million or more per year would get an average tax cut of $23,190, a 0.9 percent boost in after-tax income.

In 2027, households earning $1 million or more — estimated to be 0.6 percent of all filers — would be getting 81.8 percent of the total benefit, even though their average tax break would be about $46,000 smaller in 2027 than in 2018.

The Republican tax overhaul plan has proven unpopular with voters. Just 26 percent of Americans approve of the plan, according to according to a poll released Monday by Monmouth University, compared with 47 percent who disapprove of it.