Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Oddly specific question about dab pens.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Herdezian, Sep 19, 2018.

1. I'm looking into buying a new dab pen so I can vape my wax more stealthily. I don't really like the cartridges because I feel like they don't hit very well. I have a nice battery piece, and the settings can go really high, really low, or anywhere in between. But if I turn it up high, I always get a burnt tasting hit. If it's too low, it tastes okay, but it doesn't give me that big hit I need.

When you hit from a rig, all the wax you put into the nail or banger is usually immediately vaporized - so if you don't take the entire hit, you're wasting it. I don't have a problem taking big hits, but my question is, if I put my wax into a dab pen, can I put say, maybe a quarter gram in it and smoke on it throughout the day? Or would I need to put one hit at a time, because it'd get wasted otherwise?

2. If you're putting it into a cartidge, straight up wax will most likely not absorb into the atomizer. Also that burnt taste is the atomizer burning from you putting way to much power through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. ya you can put a quarter to a half gram in pens but not all pens are created equal and if you’ve been hitting off rigs you may not be satisfied with a pen. I get bigger hits off a cartridge than my pen.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Depends on the pen but yes wax pens are more meant to pack wax in and hit throughout the day than take it all in one hit. I have an Oozi Magnum I use, some people like the puffco pens, lot of options in the market place