Odd room for a grow. Is it worth it ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JSgrewit42, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Hello all. I have this unoccupied area in my attic. How should I go about this area if I plant on growing 1-2 plants. Obviously the space is weird but a good bit of room honestly. I would have to have smaller plants. Should I insulate? Should I simply add a small ac unit. This part of the attic is sealed off and would do well if it had a direct flow of air even without insulating. What do y’all think ? Honestly don’t know where to start!

Attached Files:

2. I'm no expert but. This is what I would do. Is buy some stryofoam insulation comes in 4x8 sheets at lowes or home depot for 8 or 9 bucks. cover up the 2x4s with it. One side is reflective so that takes that. Get some mylar reflective and line the walls or paint all white. Its gonna be cramped you need constant airflow. 4 or 6 inch Inline fan and Carbon filter for smell See if you can tap into your HVAC for heat and A.C may not even need heat but I would imagine ac or a small standalone ac monitor your temps and such. Then you should look up some training LST and so on....Look up the HLG quantum boards for lighting low heat leds. New age lights......search the forms on anything your not familiar with they are some highly helpful material here and some awsome people who have done this before and will share their knowledge.... like I said I'm no pro or anything just my 2 cent.

3. Oh yes I have some quantum boards and I am very familiar with lst. I planned on setting up my carbon filter outside the tent and then seeing how the temps where. If the aren’t bad I wouldn’t even add AC just some fans. I’m not to worried about smell I thought of maybe even framing up a small door way. Thank you for ideas for insulation. I didn’t know if it was necessary I have only grown in tents and have not yet built my own grow space. I have to cover the floor on the left anyway with more plywood because of some light leaks. But I think I am going to try and build some Type of door to cover it

4. Listen I’ve grown in a few MUCH smaller spaces! The key is AIRFLOW! *my biggest mistake not taking into account at first* a 6” in-line fan/6” carbon filter and some plastic dryer ducting 6” and a couple free rotating fans, you’ll be golden ESPECIALLY if you buy Quantum Boards

Www.horticulturelightinggroup.com

Best chunk of money you’ll ever spend on your grow. ABSOLUTELY the most essential part.

EasyRyder is a cool SMALL strain, or Royal Dwarf from Royal Queen seeds.

BUT if you adopt heavy LST (low stress training) you could easily be growing dank ass top quality Mephisto Genetics seeds and be KILLING the game.

I speak from recent experience being job st starting off... growing mid tier genetics, to ending up with Quantum boards of the highest specs, and growing only the best Genetics. It’s quite a leap into new territory with the Mephisto seeds paired with Quantum boards... at least it was for me

QB96 Elite V2 Engine is the light everyone wants. $99 plus 30-50$ for a driver. Couple pieces of angle aluminum 1/8in and some 18G solid core copper wire.

@Soil2Coco is the authority on these lights as far as I’m concerned. He uses them with astonishing results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. That's why I love diy. Let your imagination run wild.... you could get the 3/8in stryofoam and insulate the whole box so you know heat would stay consistent and cut down on noise with a door and and a few fans. you should be good to go.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Oh I love the QBs myself I have one qb288. And I have a bunch of Mephisto seeds to choose from !! Can’t wait to get this space built

7. Man I'm in a non friendly state seeds are hard to come by and I'm terrified to get some delivered to me most of my outdoor grows where bag seeds but that was years ago just got into growing indoors a few months ago.

8. I’m in the states too... SO is Mephisto Genetics ;) order directly from them and you will get your seeds in less than 5 days. Zero risk because they never get through customs. Drug machines can’t smell seeds ;) I do it. Everyone else does it. I hear Mephisto is yet to see a seizure in quite a long time if ever

9. Oh my man. I've been reading on here about them and their auto strains. Can't muster up the balls lmao.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I’m telling you bro I’m a 7 time convicted felon... I just got my seeds from them last week, now I’m growing a badass unreleased strain they sent me for FREE. I’m tellin you my dude they wouldn’t ship their packages at all if it wasn’t safe. I wasted SO much time being afraid... now I’m over it thank god. The states doesn’t give a FUCK these days as long as your not a drug dealer bro.

Order ONE sour Crack seed from them. $25 shipped. You’ll get 4 seeds for that price ;) it’ll be the best decision u ever make besides buying that light I showed u ;)

11. I'm gonna give it a shot. I'll post a thread when I do. I feel better actually hearing someone talk to me about it. Sorry OP for clogging thread.. thanks my dude.

12. I live in possibly one of the worst and harshests states in the country with marijuana laws. Sourthern USA. I have ordered maybe almost 600 seeds in total from seebankls around the world. And there has never been a problem for me. Mephisto genetics is a personal favorite and is the safest in my opinion if you are in an illegal state. The only time I have ever had a problem was when I created a problem to Be seen. Don’t tell, and don’t fucking sell!

13. 7 time convicted felon myself here aswell how ironic . Fuck the police

14. Actually just got raided last month. Told me I was growing to distribute and I had one strawberry Nuggets almost done that was 12 inches tall. Very small grow. I totally could have supplied the city with that dry ounce and half I had ;) the other plant was just showing preflowers.

• Like Like x 1
  15. No this is for personal use only. Tired of paying to dollar for some b.s... plug playing games gonna grow my own and cut cost. Lmao fuck the middle man.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Do you live in an apartment? How did you get caught?

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  17. I did live in an apartment. Not anymore. I was being watched due to activities I was involved in. Several people in and out of state where involved. Long stretched out process of watching me for many months. I honestly can’t believe the money they wasted in the raid. I mean they caught me with nothing. I had a few grams and some wax. They obviously didn’t watch hard enough. But they got the smalls plants and charged me with distribution

• Like Like x 1
  18. plants against the left wall.
    build scrog on left wall about 4 inches from wall and 4 inches from buckets or whatever
    put QB boards on right wall angled straight towards the left wall
    plant grows up, fill up screens, plants will grow towards the light.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Mephisto is by FAR the safest as well as the FASTEST method at my disposal in the USA for obtaining seeds of the highest caliber ;) I’ll most likely never order through overseas/customs ever again... I don’t give a shit if the plant yields 10 pounds in 14 days... I’m not going back to prison... ever.

I feel you man.. changed me forever.

And your still growing?... or u just lurking?