Odd Request for help

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by toeknee32, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Hey guys, I usually buy my stuff but I am interested in setting up a grow tent and I ran into your forum. The problem is I have a severe learning disability and everything I read just doesn't compute in my head (Very frustrating) ... lets assume its not from the massive amount I smoke :toke:. I am looking to grow one plant in a tent. I am having a very hard time putting together everything I need pertaining to the setup minus the nutrients and pots.

I am basically looking for a build list that will include some sort of carbon filter as I want no smell as well as LED's for lighting.

In exchange for a parts list that will work for 1 plant and that I can just purchase ASAP I will send someone a bunch of portable smoking pipes I have on hand.

2. Dude I know the whole set up for personal cultivating:) good air exchange is key 20161206_004459.jpg my newest

3. that looks awesome buckethead!

4. Thanks have a look at my journal. Jus pulled 150g dry off a 185w LED light platinum p300 in 2x2 scrog. 3 girls

5. Tryna find a good led for my 2x4 bloom tent

6. Tent , carbon filter , inline fan , fan speed controller , duct , Light , rope ratchets , thermometer/hygrometer , power strip , electrical timer , extension cord , pots , organic soil , Perlite , grow nutes , bloom nutes ,
    All of these are available on ebay at decent prices , mucho cheaper than any grow shop

• Like Like x 1
  7. Are you an Amazon prime member? If so, I'd be happy to make you a shopping list from there.

8. I am and ready to buy!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Do you have a budget for lighting? For a tent you can use anything, you just need to keep your temperature in check. My grow is on the forum somewhere, I use a Rubbermaid standing on its side with a 450w led in it and some pc fans for air

Check out my grow!

10. Vipar spec par 600 w controllable spectrum dials is looking nice.

11. Ventilation is key in tent grows. I can get alot w proper training lstn stuff

• Like Like x 1
  12. Here's one scenario. I recommend you go with an HID light instead of LED unless you're ready to double down on money.

3'x3' tent: $97 (if you can go bigger then you might want to so you can grow more later)
    1.5 cu ft of soil: $47
    7 gallon fabric pot: $16
    16" saucer to put under pot: $6
    8" inline fan: $25
    600w grow light: $145
    Temperature and Humidity monitor: $8
    Oscillating fan (hang upside down from ceiling): $21

13. thanks for that list, Is there a way to include the filter that will reduce the smell and if so which one would I purchase?

14. Oh ya, I knew I was forgetting something. I don't use a carbon filter but these are highly reviewed and seem affordable.

If you want to use fertilizer, I can only recommend the only kind I've ever used. Grow and Bloom.

15. If i wanted to grow 2 plants would I be able to in this setup? using smaller planters?

16. One last thing, I know you said you have a hard time understanding things through reading but I highly recommend you read through the link below.

www.growweedeasy.com

• Like Like x 1
  17. If you want to grow 2 plants I suggest a rectangular shaped tent.

18. Ok lets go for something that fits 2 I appreciate all of your help thus far

19. This one might be a good option for two plants. Best of luck.