Odd reaction to weed

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by rainforestDAN, Dec 25, 2012.

1. #1 rainforestDAN, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2012
    So ive been smoking for somewhat 3 years now, i started out late compared with my friends. But what ive noticed so far is that at the beggining personal thought or self observation would almost never happen and i wouldnt question anything, but, as i kept on smoking i started to find out things about myself and basically got some cool spiritual understanding about life and general.

But sometimes i cant enjoy the high because im always pondering questions about whats its happening and trying to indentify everything, including and specially myself...

Just wondering if someone else have been stuck at something like this before?

2. There's a "right" and "wrong" way to use pot. It's ok to get high for fun, but if you go into every marijuana session with the intent of "LET'S GET FUCKED UP BRO!" you won't learn anything.

You're doing it the right way now.

3. Don't try to fight your high. If you end up pondering, continue that and put your full self into the experience and when you're sober, reflect upon what you've learnt. If you end up gaming, don't try to force yourself into thinking about life and its deepest questions.
    Accept whatever the weed offers to you, it's all part of a wonderful journey

4. OP, so uh...what's the problem? Weed isn't cocaine. Your brain begins to become one with the MJ and develop an affinity for it. Enjoy the thoughts and finding yourself. That is why many people use it to begin with. Not to eat a bag of Doritos.

5. I love drowning in my thoughts and finding myself. It helps me sort out my problems, think up crazy ideas, pick up new hobbies and relax. Basically your not alone, it's how you harness the power of weed. Don't become a smoker that sits around and gets baked all day. Get out and be productive with it, life becomes so much richer.

6. Don't be afraid to start ranting or writing about your new ideas with a trusted companion.

I find that's the best way to find and explore the ideas floating around helplessly in my skull.

7. Ya ive had a nice time before with some friends just talking about those kinda things...

Guess that what is really bothering me is that ive never been socially awkward-anxious before with or without smoking, till a couple of sessions before that i just couldnt make it work... Maybe ill stop smoking when i have to socialize? :confused:

8. Apparently if you stick your finger up your bum it makes you less high.

True story trust me. no lie

9. Did you use lube?

Going dry is like packing Reggie. Dry and crusty.

Going wet is like packing some sticky-icky dank herbz.

Tru story bro. No lie.

10. Thank You, i bet it works great for You bro! Ill try it next... Im sure your mom Will be more Than happy to return the favor :wave:

11. Once you've been smoking for a very long time, you'll notice more how much cannabis can change the way you think.

I smoke wax and hash oil all day long, every day and have been doing so for several months now, so I can actually notice it more when I stop using cannabis for a few days. I get really foggy headed the first morning and then there is this weird feeling of something missing, like a part of my intelligence is gone that was only there when I had been smoking every day.

12. Im right there with you man, I haven't smoked in a while because of it. Not saying I didnt enjoy it, got tons of (what I believe to be) useful information, but for some reason I started to slow down. I felt like I would dwell on things too much and kind of start to believe my own lies, I guess would be the best way to put it. As its been said I think this is good and bad, in the sense that yeah it's cool to "escape the world" and find your reality, but I felt like I was doing that too much instead of enjoying it and just relaxing. Its hard for me to put it in words but I hope I pretty much got my point across lol, pretty much find your balance and all should be good.

13. So trying to understand your reality is 'escaping the world', and enjoying and relaxing is not? I think it's the opposite. The relaxing and enjoying part of weed is beautiful, but it is essentially escaping reality, just like with other drugs.

Then make it your goal not to create lies but to seek the truth. You can read about the many revelations of famous philosophers, but it's by far not the same feeling and comprehension that you get when you realize these things yourself.

Agreed, a balance is necessary. Too much of the thinking is indeed not effective.
    Keep this phrase in mind:
    Comprehension cannot be anticipated, as it is a happening that catches you off guard.
    If you seek the answer to a question, you anticipate to find it sooner of later. That is exactly why, if you ponder about one same question for very long, the chances of finding the answer are a lot less than when you take a break from that and do something else. The answer might suddenly pop into your mind or you might figure it out the next time you think about it. Do not go on a streak of the same activity.

14. Word, thanks for the feedback and droppin some knowledge. I completely agree with you, thats what I mean by I took a break, I personally felt like I was steering in a direction I wasnt enjoying cuz man last year I fuckin loved it haha, then like OP, started thinking more which was nice but cant help feel like I was building some anxiety for some reason. I toke somewhat rarely now but enjoy it opposed to what I said in the last post. Nice quote by the way