Odd Question....

Discussion in 'Movies' started by llllllllll, Jul 21, 2013.

1. i've noticed in a lot of movies like the one I watched today-- usually wealthy guys are shown wearing odd clothing while in places like hawaii or other tropical players.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtKydtoLucc

You'll see eddie murphy is shown wearing a speedo, and a knitted sweater, One guy is wearing an all white suit with a white hat, and the other guy is wearing a polo with a sweater over top and pants...

Idk i know this is a random question / observation but I was under the impression that in broad daylight in places like hawaii, its usually just pretty humid and hot and that it dies down more towards nighttime when it cools off a bit. 

Anyone care to give me some insight here on why they aren't shown in a more typical classy long sleeve shirt or something that would not have you overheating in?  It just seems impractical for both real life persons in tropical places to wear those clothes, and also impractical to have actors wearing those clothes when shooting however many takes of a scene on a hot afternoon... Unless im missing something about the climate of tropical areas

2. Maybe it's a set? And it's cold in there so they are wearing weird clothes. Or maybe Eddie Murphy thought it would be funny if he wore a sweater?

Not sure but I know what you mean about rich people wearing weird clothes in hot places. Usually I think it's because it's a set.

3. maybe its just clothes and who gives a fuck??? i dontt.

4. I wanna smoke what you are smoking.

5. get out the thread if you dont give a fuck. I said it was a odd/random question what part of that dont you understand.

He wasnt the only one dressed oddly as I pointed out.

Even if its a set movies are usually set out to depict a somewhat realistic context, so it just seems weird that people would be dressed in such heavy clothing when in a tropical place, or what is supposed to be portrayed as a tropical place.

6. Good point but that movie is from like what the 80's? Early 90's? People wore weird ass clothing back then.

7. u mad they went to college and can afford nice flashy clothes op... lol jk

8. If you look at high class clothing company websites, you'll see scarves and leather pants in the spring/summer collection. Lol.

Maybe it's their unlimited supply of coke, pills, and heroin making them get chills. Lol.