Odd question, but is it possible to grow other plants (not marijuana) in grow rooms?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ganjamie, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Hey,

I'm bored, and I've started to realize that the tomatoes in my area are going to start tasting terrible in a few months. Darn you old man Winter.

Anyways, I've been thinking about incorporating other plants in my grow room. I was thinking an herb garden (basil, cilantro, thyme, etc.), limes and/or lemons, and tomatoes.

All of the other plants would be potted in soil or coco independently (i.e., not hydro)

Any experiences? I'm worried about whether citrus plants might release oils into the air and possibly mess w/ my pH.

2. Sure you can, but if you are growing MJ in there at the same time then you want plants that need similar conditions as MJ. Also keep in mind that running an indoor grow op is relatively expensive per square foot, which is OK when you are growing MJ that sells on the street for several hundred dollars an ounce. Only you can decide if the operating costs are worth it to you for fruits and vegetables that cost a couple dollars per pound at the store.

3. I start my wife's flowers in my tents every spring before moving them out front. It's not biggie. As long as you don't need the space they are taking up. Generally the lights i have over my weed plants is putting off enough light that i don't need to add extra to grow them.

4. I start my entire outdoor garden in the same room, I normally get a month long head start then crush my neighbors garden every year. they keep asking for my secret. and I just tell them the window sill over the heater. suckers

5. Thanks guys!

I would love to put them outside, but up here in the North it gets a bit cold during the winter.

I guess I'll just figure out whether it's worth it to start up separate rooms.

To all of you guys focusing on buds, don't forget that when the apocalypse comes and we're forced indoors, you can't eat buds as well as other fruit/vegetables. :p

6. #6 BeZtoken, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    If an apocalypse does happen then won't the power be out too. Just sayin.