Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

odd question and im a beginner

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by zonedout78, Apr 16, 2009.

1. i mainly smoke out of spoons but ran into a odd problem while smoking. when i go to light the weed, the flame on the lighter doesnt seem to go into the bowl where the weed sits..the flame instead stay on the outside and torches the glass itself..i wish i knew a better way to explain, but i dont know what to do..i have cleaned the spoon several times(alcohol/salt) and its very clean, but i tried smoking out of it, and the flame will not enter where the weed sits..anyone have any freakin clue what is going on?

2. So where are you trying to light the weed from? The side of the bowl, are you trying to corner it, or lighting from the middle and it's moving outward to the spoon?

Do you rinse your bowls after you wash them to get rid of any residual alcohol?
    Are you inhaling as you light it? You should be lighting as you breathe in.

3. are you inhaling hard enough?

4. Either you aren't inhaling hard enough or you are packing the bowl too tight. Try a grinder or breaking up the weed and then after packing it down inhale through it to make sure there's still air flowing through it. Try cornering it after you get it packed good, just light the corner enough so you can get a hit but not torching the whole top of the bowl.

5. You gotta suck the flame into the bowl to light the herb.

6. at first i was simply trying to smoke the res in it, but i found that the light wouldnt even enter where the weed would normally sit...ive tried from the middle, corner..i have another spoon, and it lights with no problem..ive tried cleaning with alcohol/salt and still nothing..

7. Is the hole clogged or are there any bizarre cracks on it? Can you put your finger over the carb and inhale through it without any bud in it?

8. Thats what happens to me if I try to corner it too much. Just gradually get closer to the weed.

9. He's a beginner so I doubt he even knows what cornering is. I still say your shit is clogged with resin, try dry hitting it with a lighter to clear it out, or you're packing it too hard, break it up and put it in, don't just throw a whole nug in.

10. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YcEqZMSZKI]YouTube - How to smoke a bowl (Animated)[/ame]

11. i always break the weed up and smoke..but i will try to clean it again..thanks to all who have helped