Odd FIM Results, and could it cause this to happen at 1 month old?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HongKongFuwii, Aug 16, 2010.

1. These 2 plants (designated #3 & #4)were fim'd along with four others on 8/6/10. These are my 2 strongest and healthiest, and have way outgrown all the others, which are in various forms of stunted, stressed recovery.
    Plant #3
    [​IMG]
    I kinda missed here, but still can't tell for sure what effect it's had, at the very least, it's compressed the nodes at the top so there are a bunch all together. Where I cut, you can see how the end of the leaves are clipped short. The odd part on this plant is that the new growth is also showing the same pattern as if the ends of the middle leaves are cut short, but they haven't been touched.

Plant#4
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Fimming created a lot of confusion at the top, leaves twisting and misshapen, etc... I do have at least 3 tops growing from the fim, plus this tiny club-like one which in the second picture, looks like it's flanked by little growths that under my magnifier clearly look like fuzzy, white pistils growing from green calyxes. Sorry I can't get a better picture, I can't get it to focus on close ups.

Should I trust the sex of #4? It's almost exactly a month old, and still on 18/6 light.

Both of these plants are tall enough to go under a screen, but the rest aren't. I was thinking of transplanting to a 5gal, putting a screen on, and rearranging my closet to accommodate 2, 5gal buckets w/screens, along with the smaller plants without transplanting/screens. However, If these bigger plants are so much larger, and become ready to flower way ahead of the "runts", would it be better to bud the big ones and let the rest follow along as best they can, or wait until they are at least all big enough to transplant and screen? Or should I just transplant them all, screen them as they grow and then change to 12/12 when they are all screened? I'm stuck between wanting a quicker harvest and having a bigger harvest.
    Does the City have any advice or suggestions?

2. i have noticed that when i fim my mowie it seems to pop out extra pistils also....could be part of stress that is causing it

3. But do they remain females, or do they have a tendancy to herm or switch to males?