October High Tiimes Medical Cannabis Cup held in DETROIT, MI

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by KB Grower, Aug 16, 2011.

1. im gonna try to email them

2. Does anyone know if this is still going to happen, considering the new Court of Appeals bullshit ruling?

3. [quote name='"RongBip"']Do you need your hard card?

Cause i know i can get a rec and submit it and get a receipt, which a lot of caregivers consider legal. Cause they are still processing shit from back in March or something.

I would go if i get my card, but idk if i would want to try and weasel my way around with just a rec and shit.[/quote]

You'll be straight I sent my paperwork in in march n just received plastic 2 days ago but I've been to countless medical marijuana events/ dispensarys and I've never been handicapped by only having paper it jus sucks carrying it around lol

4. welp that blows, why go see a buncha weed i cant smoke

5. Most Def I'm down, Grass City needs a booth or something there.

6. I just emailed them the following:

Hey, in order to consume onsite, do patients need to bring the plastic card? Or will paperwork suffice?

I received in response the following:

Hello,

As long as your documents are authentic and up-to-date, paperwork will be accepted.

Thanks,

Michael Safir
    Business Manager
    HIGH TIMES Magazine
    419 Park Avenue South, 16th Floor
    New York, NY 10016
    212-387-0500 ext. 249

I'd imagine they'll give you like a wristband or something indicating that you're a patient as opposed to just an attendee so that you don't have to flash your card/paperwork everywhere or carry paperwork around.

7. They're not going to go around asking every person who is smoking to see their green card. I think you could get away with it.

Maybe they'll have wrist bands? Still, just step inside a porto-potty and rip the fuck out of your bowl.

8. Who knows. I wonder if it's still going on considering the whole "no dispensaries and no patient to patient sales" bullshit that just went down

9. If its in the laws, they have to comply with the laws....

You guys REALLY think they would just let a huge fucking sanctioned potfest with no authority go down? This is the US remember??? We are at war with our own government over this, there will be police officers, at the event.... i can promise that lol

10. damn. that makes me kind of scared of going. didn't even think about coppers being there

11. Michigan is starting to crack down on medical use including dispensaries now being illegal.

Besides that I live in Michigan and would have LOVED to go. But I will be on probation....fuck this a heart breaker :(

12. Will someone PLEASE Blow a fat hit into a cops face

13. I would not do that to the Detroit PD.....

14. Who else is fucking pumped for this shit?!

15. no med card no smokie.. :(

16. went to a hemp fest in chicago a few years ago.. giant taped off section the cops couldnt (well im sure they could but they didnt) go and you could smoke your ass off with no reprocutions! it was the shit! hippies everywhere!

17. I'm fucking beyond stoked just got done purchasing 3 VIP passes

Lifted.

18. Dispensaries were never legal in the first place. They are not mentioned in the law once. Its a gray area controlled by the counties as they see it. I just hope this doesnt bring a negative image upon mmj in the local communities.

19. Anyone who's goin Im sure youll have a blast Oh yyeah and get blasted too!