ocean forest vs happy frog...pH

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TheDankTank, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Im going to my local hydroponics store tomorrow and they have these 2 organic soils.
    I've been having trouble keeping a hold of my pH. At one point i was flushing with 8.5 pH to get the runoff.
    S my question is, which one of these is best balanced right of the bag. Fox Farm's website says that ocean forest is balanced, but ive found threads on gc and other sites saying that they read 5.0 out of the bag.

Anyone have any personal experience with these bags and thier pH? Thanks!

2. Mix powdered dolomite lime into the soil. It will keep it stable. Regardless of your choice.

3. As a new grower, do NOT use dolomite lime. You will probably mess it up. Fox Forest is fine. i consistently pull 6.5 - 7 readings of run off. The trick is to pH the watering mix you're using with pH UP AND pH down. While you're at the store ask the dude for the "General Hydroponics" pH test indicator 1 oz bottle. WITH accompanying vial.

I grow in FFoF with grow big and tiger bloom respectively, usually with fresh distilled water, pH'd around 6.7

4. I have a test kit...could u point me to a good dolomite lime thread or instruct me how to us it. Cant learn unless i try.. i keep my water from 6.2-6.8 and the runoff was very acidic because of the cheap organic soil im using