Ocean Forest and general soil / nutes questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Trashed666, Oct 29, 2011.

1. I know this has been beat to death, I started my first grow about two months ago and I am learning from my current mistakes and I want to start a new grow shortly. I am currently using Fox Farms original potting soil and will probably stick with that for seedlings in dixie cups before transplanting them into FFOF. Now where I get lost is in the feeding, I have burnt and underfed both but I am trying to use GH with 1/4 strength lucas formula and its not going well with the normal potting soil. Of course I am not using organic ferts and to tell you the truth my lady takes care of them mostly per my instruction as I am traveling for work constantly and she is home to take care of them. I want something easy for her to use for nutes but I don't know what to use. I know lots of people will say stay organic but really we don't have the time for making tea and what not. Does anyone one have a feeding schedule for liquid nutes using ffof soil. If so I would be greatly pleased to hear some input. I know less is better. We are looking at doing tangerine dream and I have built some bubble buckets but I think soil would be easier for her to maintain while I am away I don't really know. Any sort of feeding schedule while using FFOF would be appreciated. Or does anyone think that using bubble buckets and just doing one massive plant will be easier? I am growing in a 4x4x6.5 with a 600watt hps /mh all the proper ventallation and ro water. Its just the feeding that gets me.

2. There are Organic Liquid nutes that Fox Farms makes.. plus I dont use teas with FFOF its too hot, dont use chemical fertilizers with FFOF you might as well have stuck it in some miracle grow I dont see the difference. You could top dress, you dont always need liquid nutes.

3. Best advice for you is to find this thread.... Soil mixes no nutes water only post them .... I've learned a lot there and I think this is a problem solver for you. These do work with great results.

4. Seriously THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. For the first month or so you should not have to feed it. The soil has everything that your plant needs. Week 3-4 you can start adding nutes to your water..slowly. FF nute trio is as good as any..comes with a idiot proof chart as well. Mix with water and your good to go.

6. The above thread is mostly organic mixes. Im not like most of them as I use organic and chemical nutes, but just a small amount. The key is not to kill all the good bacteria while also providing as much potassium (K) as they can take IMO. I agree with most of these mixes you will not feed during the veg stage much and if you do, its minimal. I use fish fertilizer maybe once or twice during veg, and activate my bacteria with a compost tea once. Then for flower I just mix a lil high N bat guano with some high K bat guano into my mix ( don't over do it, less is more here) and the water with fox farm trio at about 1/2 strength until I think I'm 2 weeks away from harvest. Then I hit with more high K in the form of "bud swell". Then flush for last 10 days and maybe add a sweetner. Taste like the best candy you ever had Organic herb cannot be topped. Hope my ramble helps.... Someone

7. Dont add chemical fertilizers to organic ones.. you will kill the beneficials. If you need more K use unsulphured blackstrap mollasses. It also feeds the microherd, makes the bud taste better and gives it calcium and iron. A high calcium to magnesium ratio will also loosen the soil up.

8. ....just transplant every 3 weeks into a larger pot with FFOF throughout the plant's whole life.....FLAWLESS. Don't add nothing but water. Ya can't fuck that up....it's that simple.

9. ^Thats what Im doing.. Though I will eventually add Mollasses thirty days in..

10. [quote name='"Vox Continental"']Dont add chemical fertilizers to organic ones.. you will kill the beneficials. If you need more K use unsulphured blackstrap mollasses. It also feeds the microherd, makes the bud taste better and gives it calcium and iron. A high calcium to magnesium ratio will also loosen the soil up.[/quote]

I will say that most do not mix and I understand their process and why.

11. I know it's an old ass thread, but their Big Bloom works awsome w/ FFOF! Start adding blackstrap molasses around week 3-4 to help the buds swell.
    Also the calcium, magnesium and iron help out too!
    Another OMRI nutrient is Neptune's Harvest fish and sea weed. 2-4-1 I believe, again 5ml per gal blackstrap molasses.
    Cheers