Ocean Creature?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Dizzy, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Would It Be Possible If Way Down At The Deepest Part Of Any Of The Oceans That There Would Be A Giant Creature Living Down There That Nobody Knows About Yet BC They Havent Ever Seen It?

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Nokie112, Nov 2, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
    For sure there is.
    I just finished a podcast the other day of an ocean explorer and he said it’s crazy how little of the ocean has been and can be explored.
    I’ve always been fascinated with the ocean, there’s some crazy stuff in there
    Here’s the guy that I listened to.

It was pretty awesome to listen to.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Wow Much Respect To That Guy Who Tryin To Build A Submarine That Can Go That Far Down. Thats Soo Awesome! I Love It!

~Toni~

4. I've read a few books with that as a plot element. I know that you are an avid reader you should check out " The Illuminatus! Trilogy ". by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson. Mid 70's books. The giant creature at the bottom of the Ocean is a plot element. Also a Golden (not yellow) Submarine. Fantastically fun read. Secret Society's, sex, drugs, religion and everything under the sun. Fun! Action! Sex! Drugs! Rock and Roll! Is Hagbard Celine a good guy? Is he a bad guy? Is he simply insane? You'll have to read the books to find out. But I'm sure that you would enjoy them tremendously.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Lol I Was J/W If Yall Think It Could Be IRL Tho. Thank You For The Info Tho That Book Sounds Really Interesting. Ima Have To Check It.

~Toni~

6. Def possible. We're finding new sea creatures all the time. It's super cool to see all the new ones they're finding. There was one they found real deep but when they brought it to the surface it just turned into jelly because of the change in pressure.

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. I talkin Bout Like You Know Some Huge Ting Like Ina Movie Called Deep Rising Or Godzilla But Not Exactly Him Lol.

~Toni~

8. With all the crazy stuff in the ocean it’s hard to imagine what else is down there.
    I’ve pulled some weird looking stuff out of the ocean just fishing I can’t imagine seeing some really weird stuff in person.
    I’ve never had the chance to see one but have always wanted to get an angler fish
    for our aquariums, but the wife says no.
    5C6758AD-5F38-492A-82E0-730A70EAA661.jpeg

• Creative Creative x 1
  9. Them Angler Fish Are Cool AF. Would It Survive In A Reguler Aquarium? I Think It So Interesting How Deep Sea Creatures Have They Own Lights On There Bodies.

~Toni~

10. Yea they can survive in a saltwater aquarium. We have a reef tank set up and a saltwater tank just for fish.
    My wife likes cute little fish so that’s what we have.
    Sorry Diz I missed your post before I posted, I bet there
    Sorry Diz I missed your post before I posted, I bet there’s huge stuff down there. I remember watching something where they finally filmed some goat squids.
    I’m cool with weird stuff but big stuff would freak me out

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. @Nokie112 Aww Thats Cool! What Kind/Color Fish Yall Got? Yall Ever Think Bout Gettin A Octopus? Those Are 1 Of My Fav Sea Animals. Provably Cant Have Them In The Same Aquarium As Fish Tho.:whistle:

~Toni~

12. I'm guessing there are large slow moving creatures like sharks and squid we haven't discovered yet.

I doubt they would be incredibly huge, but cold water produces large animals.

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. We just have a bunch of clownfish, blue chromis, blue gobies, along with snails,shrimp and crabs.
    I have a pair of clownfish in the reef tank by themselves.
    I just set another tank up for the Mrs. and she wants a pair of seahorses for that tank.
    I’ve always wanted an octopus but they’re escape artists and can get out of just about anything.
    She’d be heartbroken if we got one and anything ever happened to it

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. I Never Knew That Cold Water Produce Large Animals. Thanks For The Info.

~Toni~

15. Wow I Think All Those Kinda Fish You Named Are Pretty. What Kinda Crabs Are They? Sea Horses Are Really Cool Too. Yea I Understand If You Don Wanna Let Anyting Happen To It!

~Toni~

16. We’ve got blue leg and red legged hermit crabs and some emerald crabs.

• Creative Creative x 1
  17. OoOo Are They Big Ones?

~Toni~

18. No they’re all pretty tiny except the emerald crabs are about the size of a quarter

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Oh Ok An The Emerald Crabs How Big Are They?

~Toni~

20. One of the few things I like about my life was that I taught scuba diving while I worked for the military for 20+ years. Probably 99% of my dives were ocean and I never ever got tired of seeing the things living there. We humans have probably explored less than 10% of the ocean, I have no doubt there are things living there that we don't know about.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1