Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.
  1. A friend of mine has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and is a regular pot smoker. Help me recommend a good strain for him to grow. He's a novice grower. I was thinking a hybrid heavy on the indica side, maybe Northern Lights.

2. I'm pretty sure I have mild OCD but un-diagnosed ;)
    I like the LSD strain, helps me focus and relax.

Sent from my NSA recording device.

3. Thanks. He can't walk by a door without yanking on it to make sure it's lock. I have to tell him to take it easy on my poor house. I think if he had the right strain, he wouldn't need to smoke so much.

4. I absolutely believe that Northern Lights would be PERFECT. It is one of my personal favorites, seeing that i have struggled with OCD myself over the years. It has improved greatly though since the usage of such strains such as NL.

If your friend wants some choice though so he doesn't have to be sedated during the day, you may wish to consider something like Maui Waui. Maui Waui is a dream-come-true for anyone with OCD, anxiety and such who want alertness, while still being mellow at the same time. 

5. Curing OCD with weed? I don't think it is that simple. Mental disorder are embed in your genes, there ain't much you can do. Same goes for a psychopath, make him smoke half an ounce in an hour, at the end of the day he will still be a jerk. Those mental disease are a hassle to deal with. Just remember no one will die if you walk on the line between the floor tiles.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 iSmokePurps, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2013
    There's a strain called OCD lol I think it causes slight anxiety though.Try Purple Urkle, Hawaiian or a strong kush like Afghani Hindu or Bubba. Oh yeah LSD too

7. #7 Retsii, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2013
    I have severe GAD and moderate OCD, here are the strains I can vouch for on personal experience:

Granddaddy Purple
    Sour Diesel

You'll never get cured but DAMN does it make life so much more relaxing, enjoyable, and almost tick-free!

8. I know pot won't cure his OCD but it helps his symptoms. Before I could talk to him again, he ordered a strain called The Doctor from Greenhouse. Does anybody have experience with it?
    I'm interested in Purple Urkle because I've heard it's good for insomina, which has plagued me since I was a kid. I'm growing Nirvana's Blackberry now.

9. Look at the strain "Ice" (heavy indinca) or even better "wonder woman" - very easy to grow as well! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386450548.526922.jpg

10. [​IMG]I am Caligula. Glutton of Gluttons. Men over women. Man over woman. The whore of all men And I...Am not ashamed to admit, it's not enough to say "I love all of you".

11. [quote name="jamesnb" post="18905169" timestamp="1383102425"]A friend of mine has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and is a regular pot smoker. Help me recommend a good strain for him to grow. He's a novice grower. I was thinking a hybrid heavy on the indica side, maybe Northern Lights.[/quote]There's some strain called OCD idk much about itI would think an indica hybrid like NL or maybe a strong kush for those tough days like Hindu or Afghani

12. #12 Deleted member 194034, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    I used to have OCD. i would wash my hands everytime i passed a sink and i'd think that if i didnt do things a certain way i would get cancer. lol :confused_2:  anyways i smoked mids every few days for a couple years and now even on long t-break such as 6 months i don't get any OCD symptoms back. :smoke:  since i don't have it anymore although now i grow my own stash i can't exactly recommend a strain. mybe something with a bit extra CBD.