Ocd

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BudandOCD, May 1, 2012.

1. :wave::D:eek::hello: HOLY SHIT, i did that when I was from like age 8 to age 12 and was so confused as to why I did it. I eventaully stopped but I remember always and I mean always doing this.

Im so releived to know other people have it haha

2. #42 judderwocky, May 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2012
    a lot of you need to stop self diagnosing yourselves. its annoying and offensive.

ocd isn't just something that you look up in the DSM and go, oh wow I totally line shit up I must be OCD.

that just makes a stoned asshole or a stoned psychology major. both of which are annoying.

OCD is measured by the YBOCS scale ...

Yale

You don't have OCD unless it destroys a portion of your day. As in for a least a portion of the day you are incapacitated by the disorder. The disorder is a scale as to how much functionality you have lost.

When I hear people saying stupid shit like "oh well sometimes i scratch my back in a weird pattern im so ocd lol"

It makes me want to rip your fucking face off.

people with OCD experience constant extreme fear and panic. what all of you are describing is not OCD. you seriously need to go fuck yourselves..

3. #43 Zr-01stamg, May 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2012
    ^o cry some more ya big baby. There are minor forms of OCD so just because someone says they fit some of the criteria doesn't mean they are claiming to be afflicted by serious OCD. I should know i'm medium-high lvl OCD. I don't see why your little rant was neccessary,.

EDIT: i used to have the same stance as you about others claiming to be OCD but then i grew up and realized how stupid it is to get angry over someone else's ignorance and that it is more productive to teach the ignorant than scold them. That just makes them hate people who can help.

4. Waaaaah!
    Sounds more like you want to own OCD.

It doesn't need to RUIN part of your day, which is how yknow, people actually live with it...and mine doesn't induce panic or fear...though closely enoug there is a feeling of general unease and the underlying need to do these things, or not feeling as though I can proceed without having done so.

In the what now?
    Sounds like you're onto an information resource that I'm unaware of, that and the other link, kind of makes it seem a bit like well, you might've just looked it up yourself.
    Just saying...