Ocd

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BudandOCD, May 1, 2012.

1. I don't have to clean up or anything for some reason :S

2. my ocd is that every time i jerk off, i have to jerk off again. my testicals look like this

[​IMG]

3. when you're in a small area if it even just a little messy it seems like the space is even smaller and more confining. you want it to be a less cluttered and as clean as possible. after living like that for a long time it stuck with me. i won't be able to sleep if my room isn't just right.

4. Come on guys. Do some research before you tell yourselves you have OCD. Alot of you never mentioned any physical compulsions like checking your doors, checking the faucets, checking the fridge, etc. I had to do that shit over and over on a daily basis for 2-3 hours. Another would be the cause and effect type I like to call it. I always had to step on as many blue tiles as I could at school otherwise my day would get worse and worse for each tile I missed.

Now, I'm living alot better. I still have it but it isn't nearly as bad as it use to be.

5. you bastard:p
    i totally didn't see your post before i posted... :eek:

6. Yeah, no offense - but it sounds more like you have/had one type, I had another.
    It's not all to do with physical stuff.

7. Coulda swore that was a picture of my brain or lungs

8. [quote name='"UltimateTweaker"']Come on guys. Do some research before you tell yourselves you have OCD. Alot of you never mentioned any physical compulsions like checking your doors, checking the faucets, checking the fridge, etc. I had to do that shit over and over on a daily basis for 2-3 hours. Another would be the cause and effect type I like to call it. I always had to step on as many blue tiles as I could at school otherwise my day would get worse and worse for each tile I missed.

Now, I'm living alot better. I still have it but it isn't nearly as bad as it use to be.[/quote]

These guys don't have compulsions but they have obsessive fears that keep replaying in their head called obsessive thoughts so they did do their research

9. I call it COD cause I'm compulsively obsessive about my disorder... Or because I'm really high playing MW3 but I'm jk I feel for y'all thank God I don't have it good luck to y'all stay dedicated to overcoming it!

10. If I don't have ocd, I know there's something wrong with me in some aspect. My symptoms are a lot worse than just checking doors, which I also have to do at times.

11. [quote name='"Ilovejane"']

These guys don't have compulsions but they have obsessive fears that keep replaying in their head called obsessive thoughts so they did do their research[/quote]

Obsessive fears? It's obvious IMO that that is why I did those things I mentioned. You just stated the obvious.

And having to see it the door is locked every once in awhile isn't OCD.

12. I have OCD quite bad, bad enough to take over my life at times. What ive found works best is not trying to reason with yourself and instead putting your mind on something else. I used to and still sometimes tell myself "that doesn't make sense" when I get a compulsion, but what works well is singing a song in my head instead.

13. Sometimes i do shit like that, not only with numbers, with letters too, but not repeating, i have this WEIRD way to assing a number to each letter and sometimes i just heard a word and start adding and subtracting letters, it might sound weird (even to me right now) but in the moment i am doing it it makes sense, like its just a normal thing to do, start doing math on letters like im some kind of mathematician or something, idk.
    I didnt realize it could be ocd until now. I dont think so tho, hope not.

14. You're OCD with them commas homeboy. :p

15. Wow, i'm hoping all of you get better somehow.

I don't have a serious obsessive compulsion anymore.....only minor ones. That's normal, right??

When I was in elementary school, I would go to lunch by walking on the sidewalk. Each time I almost passed the lines in the sidewalk (about 4 or 5 Steps) , I always had to either hum, or clench and hit my teeth together to a certain short song. And damn, there were a lot of lines in that long walk.

I somehow made it stop, after 9 damn months.

Some minor problems I have are,

Closing each door before bed.
    or chewing on the side of my mouth. been doing it for yeeeeaaaars.

16. Yeah, that too.
    But its all good, i'd rather that than just writing a wall of text, dont cha think? :D:D:D:D

17. I have symmetrical OCD it's funny as a kid i had to do everything evenly like if i scratched with one hand i'd have to do it with the other or if i unlocked the car door or windows i'd have to do it again with my opposite hand to even it out.

18. I can relate to a lot of the things that people have given as examples on here, e.g symmetry, having to 'even things out' etc.

I never realized this was classified as being obsessive compulsive :D

19. Since I was a youngster (Elementary School) I've suffered with SEVERE OCD in nearly everything I do. Thankfully with time and age (I'm 33 now), I've learned to "tame" this disorder to the best of my ability.

Being that I've had roughly 100 surgeries since birth due to physical ailments (no joke), this obsessive compulsive disorder of mine (as is the case with everyone) serves as a way to find some "control" over my life and current situation.

Even though it's DEFINITELY been a struggle over the years, I consider OCD to be both a "blessing and a curse". On one hand, it can get EXTREMELY overwhelming most days striving for perfection in everything I do.

However, this condition has also provided me with a strict sense of self-discipline and I never have to worry about having something to do. In other words, OCD has kept me productive with all my activities and I give 110% percent whenever tackling a project.

Not to mention (humbly speaking), I'm UNQUESTIONABLY one of the cleanest people walking around on this planet... the same can be said for my apartment / home.

All in all (and regardless of the downsides to things in life), there's ALWAYS positive aspects to be found in everything we do - or have been afflicted with.

20. I was very interested when saw this thread. Since about sixth grade, I've had pretty bad OCD. For example, I would have to touch everything with both hands if I touched it with one hand. Also, I would have to sequence things such as turning on a light switch so I would end on an even number or preferably an interval of five. It's very strange, I know.

However, I think my OCD has evolved into something that is both helpful, and very, very annoying. The same urge that once had me striving to make everything perfect or at least even now almost speaks to me. I speed a lot, usually speeds enter reckless territory, however, my driving record is perfect. I always rely on this "voice" to tell me if I need to take any sort of precautions incase a cop is around. The weird thing is... I'm most always right.

It doesn't always happen, but last week I was topping 100 on I-66 and suddenly got the urge to slow to sub 60. Sure enough, a cop was on the other side of a sound barrier checking radar.

Also, my OCD will make me do things like count to 10 for no reason before doing something. It has other effects as well, all of which I do not feel like covering.