OCD is getting out of hand

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by UltimateTweaker, Nov 30, 2011.

1. I know exactly how you feel, i never told anyone in my life, but at one point i had OCD soo bad i felt like crying because i just couldnt stop and it was also affecting my breathing. As stupid as it sounds you just have to stop. Write a note on your hand or when you realise your doing something OCD related, just stop doing it.

I got over my OCD like this, and trust me it was horrible. I still have what i would call minor OCD, doing stuff like counting in my head, other stuff, but it no longer affects no where close to the way it previously did. So its still there but i know i have the ability to just stop, so it will never get bad again.

It sounds to simple but you jsust have to do it, when you go to sleep try turning of the light and going on the bed and not get up for ANYTHING.

2. too many assumptions. Truly there is only the current moment. :smoke:

3. But the current moment is constantly changing, to good, neutral or possibly bad, which is what were afraid of.

4. the body and mind can taint the spirit by using emotions
    these manifest quickly once materialized by thought
    Get to a place where you are not moved by desire nor fear, and realize the spirit is only in the single moment

5. [quote name='"SmokeyH"']the body and mind can taint the spirit by using emotions
    Get to a place where you are not moved by desire nor fear, and realize the spirit is only in the single moment[/quote]

This is kind of stupid in my opinion, and it doesn't help my OCD since OCD isn't something that is just "in your head."

6. [quote name='"SmokeyH"']the body and mind can taint the spirit by using emotions
    Get to a place where you are not moved by desire nor fear, and realize the spirit is only in the single moment[/quote]

This is kind of stupid in my opinion, and it doesn't help my OCD since OCD isn't something that is just "in your head."

7. You don't have OCD dude, you're just obsessive compulsive.

8. [quote name='"Jiggernex"']You don't have OCD dude, you're just obsessive compulsive.[/quote]

.....What? Can't tell if theres a lil sarcasm going on.

9. #30 Solipsist NPC, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
    Hmmm, "chemical imbalance". I just love that vague imaginary term. When you or anyone gets diagnosed for a psychological disease, there is no tests/proof that it is a neurological disease.

There is no test on Earth for any form of "chemical imbalance". None, a test for that doesn't exist. When you get "diagnosed" by a psychiatrists/psychologist you don't even get any physical test.

The only thing you're going off of is some human telling you that your personality traits, emotions, and behaviors are caused by a neurological disease, with no evidence or proof to back up that claim. Which means you don't have the right to state factually, that your psychological issues are caused by a neurological problem.

But it all is just "in your head". Its a psychological problem,

OP, as simple as this is going to sound, this is the best advice there is. Just stop it, just force yourself to stop doing it.

10. Apparrently, the OP needs help and can't simply force himself to stop doing it, hence he has come here with the facts of his case.

11. every time u do something ocd related, slap the shit out of yourself

12. You're not wrong, you didn't forget to do something, you didn't miss anything.

Trust me.

13. [quote name='"Newklear"']

You're not wrong, you didn't forget to do something, you didn't miss anything.

Trust me.[/quote]

Lol. I loved the trust me part. If you heard people with OCD talk about it themselves you would learn that it is VERY hard to even trust yourself if you have it.

And a diagnosis can have many physical tests involved. X-rays, scanners, physicals, whatever. Years ago I was diagnosed with a hernia, found by a physical I had. You may be diagnosed by a doctor because you show SYMPTOMS of the disorder/disease. It's not just based off your personality traits. You're brain is an extremely complex thing. Too say "You don't have Alzheimers, it's all in your head" would be incredibly stupid. And yes, THERE HAS BEEN STUDIES on how chemical imbalances can change the way you think, talk, feel, etc. We have the technology to see where these chemicals are, what they do, and how and where they are made in the brain.