Occupy Wall Street Brutality

Discussion in 'General' started by hippiebitchdgaf, Oct 3, 2011.

1. I believe the police brutality received during this demonstration of frees speech is very much a distraction to the fact that these people, people as young as 13, are coming together to make an impact and to inform their government that they are not doing their job. Their job, which is to work for the people, at the benefit of the people. Me thinks the police are being used to quiet the voice.
    Speaking on brutality, on the first, a thirteen year old participating in the demonstration was dragged from the crowd by the police and seriously injured because of.

http://rt.com/usa/blogs/thom-hartmann-blog/occupy-wall-street-crackdown/

2. For some reason i feel like the phrase "peaceful march" isn't used correctly to describe the protesting.

3. Yes it is. I can speak because I have participated twice. It is a peaceful protest.
    Dont believe the media.

4. When I am picturing it, I picture a bunch of people behind fences and stuff, yelling and being all loud.

Is it like that? Not trying to be rude, btw

5. Its more like.

90% of people pissed off with the economy.
    10% trolls with funny or ironic signs.

Within the 90% demographic.
    You've got 60% just walking around, talking with other people.
    20% shouting, chanting and being fucking annoying.
    10% being troublemakers.

6. Back in the day (prior 2009) I hit up a lot of protests and demonstrations, and most all were exactly as the guy above me said. I believe the reason you see that image in your head is because that is how movies, pictures, t.v shows, media really portrays protesters. For reasons exactly as such, for you to believe that protesters are angry, hippies, or just plain angry violent people which is most often untrue.

7. Saw a few of these :smoke:

[​IMG]

8. Why do I get the feeling the neither you nor the protestors know what, according to the constitutiton, is the job of the government?:rolleyes:

Because it sure as hell isn't to take money from the people who earn it and give to the hippies who don't.

9. Of course i know, goodness, fuck welfare. the solution wanted their is called community charity and a stable economy.

10. I dont think the 13yr old part is relevant at all...

No voting rights..

They DEFINATLY dont know what they're really there for.

There problem just their with there parents trying to fill the crowd.

Thats no place for kids. Like wtf its a protest against our govt lets bring our kids.

11. Anyone wanna fill me in on what this is? What they r trying to accomplish?

12. When I was thirteen and attended my first major protest, a demo against the war in Washington DC, I knew exactly what I was there for and I knew exactly what I believed about the demo. If someone has the want to be taking part in a demonstration going on for over a week, I'm sure they have educated their child.
    The relevance is the brutality.

13. To my knowledge, thousands all over the country are demonstrating to the federal government/local governments that they are unhappy with the economic stance of the country.
    In my opinion it is not a effective way to change your government, but it is effective at educating citizens.
    The effective way to change your government is well informed, knowledgeable voting, and knowing exactly where you stand on major political issues which should reflect your home life.

14. They don't really know, that's the problem.

They are so unfocused that they are just out in the streets causing trouble because they're pissed off. That's why there's so much of a problem; they have no goal to work towards. Without direction some of them are just doing ridiculous crap and of course the police have to intervene.

15. #15 RongBip, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2011
    It seems that the media that does choose to cover a bit of the protest is asking the same questions. What do they want to accomplish?

There are a ton of things imo, ending the federal reserve, eliminating class warfare, getting some sort of response from the president, or at least an easier way to communicate what needs to be done.

Some say that your class is a product of what you earn, but that is not necessarily true in our current system of structured inequality. Something has to change, and the protestors are addressing that. Otherwise these problems like the federal reserve, and us printing money as much as other countries still accept it, and the declining middle class, and widening gap in class warfare is only going to increase.

I dont know what the exact solution is to the problem, but I know that the path we are currently on is not the right one.

What I dont understand is you people asking the question of what their goals are. Are you content that we can sustain this irresponsible system for more than a few years? Do you think there is no change that needs to occur? It is no secret that our government is driven by profits, corporations. We have lost our democracy, and we want it back.