Occupy protestor had a miscarriage due to cops

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by DanceBass, Nov 23, 2011.

1. #21 s7exiled, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2011
    What's with people saying she shouldn't have been there?

No bottom line is police shouldn't be fucking abusing riot control weapons on non-violent protestors and fucking pregnant women.

Pregnant lady wants to leave? Kick her in the stomach then pepper spray her. Can't even describe what I think of those scumbag cops.

2. Protesters are annoying as hell. Even if for a good cause, there's better ways rather than be annoying.

Like i said before, if govt does illegal activities, return the favor, but DONT ask nice, no one cares.

3. WildWill, respectively I am going to have to agree with Havoc and a few others on one major point: she really had no business being there in the first place...she put her unborn child in unnecessary, and dangerous situation.

If anything, she is the one that should be brought up on charges. If she went bungee jumping and had a miscarriage, she would get in trouble. Yet, she goes to a protest with that unborn child being the last thing on her mind, and I am supposed to feel sorry for her? impossible.

This opinion comes from what I have seen in NY...It looks ugly with police confrontations seemily daily. I have no idea of the spot she was in, but freaking common sense. As far as her yelling that she was pregnant...LOL!! I would have yelled that I was pregnant not to get pepper sprayed. If the cop did hear it, he probably thought she was full of shit, because who brings an unborn child to a protest with riot police.

If there was justice, she would get the 25 years to life. Buts its easy to blame the big, bad cop.

4. You think this is isolated? Go on youtube and type in police brutality, this shit happens all the time to people. Your logic entails everyone just fucking staying at home because going anywhere public could warrant a beat down, and the cops will be white knighted for it.

What's the difference if she yelled she's pregnant or not? She doesn't have a gun, and isn't a fucking threat to anyone - so cops should not be so trigger happy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys1gPp2Gkow]UC Davis Police Lt. John Pike uses pepper spray to move #OccupyUC protesters - YouTube[/ame]

Hmm

5. there are things woman should not be allowed to do. Now, I am not saying they need to be barefoot and pregnant, but no fucking way should she be there. You said it yourself: there is police brutality everywhere. So, she had to have an idea.

And yes, she should stay the fuck home, and figure out a more creative way to protest. I mean, fuck...SHE IS PREGNANT!! aren't you supposed to do stop doing stupid shit when you are with child, or has the Surgeon Genera's warnings been full of shit?

6. No Sanda, I'm sorry, disagreeing with you completely here. EVERYONE has the right for free choice and freedom of speech, and she shouldn't have to stay home and be silent.

It's really easy to sit and judge other people's actions...just think about it from her point of view before you condemn.

7. Fair enough; it still doesn't justify the actions of the cops. They should be locked up, you don't assault non-violent people.

Most retarded thing I've ever heard, if it wasn't for the criminal cop assaulting people - she wouldn't have been in that situation. It's clear who the guilty is, so blaming the victim is nonsensical.

8. okay, she shouldn't stay home and be quiet ( by the way, I am one of the few confirmed feminists on this site). But she should not head over to a protest that could very easily get out of control. There has to be a middle ground. Being in a group that is trying to instigate the cops is not a motherly thing to do...

And WildWill, I will condemn a pregnant woman for bungee jumping while pregnant the same way I will condemn a woman with child putting that unborn child in a dangerous situation.

Maybe I am not a real advocate, and the reason I am failing is because I don't see what clashing with the cops gets you...But man, pregnant women should know there role in society, and it is not this...sorry.

9. [quote name='"WildWill"']No Sanda, I'm sorry, disagreeing with you completely here. EVERYONE has the right for free choice and freedom of speech, and she shouldn't have to stay home and be silent.

[/quote]

Hey, if that's more important to her than her baby...

10. she made a marty out her baby...congratulations!!

11. Hey bro, fuck free speech.

12. [quote name='"MSabre"']

Hey bro, fuck free speech.[/quote]

Hey bro. Fuck her baby.

13. Too late. Probably already in the trash with the other aborted fetusi.

14. [quote name='"MSabre"']

Too late. Probably already in the trash with the other aborted fetusi.[/quote]

All in the name of freedom

15. [quote name='"mushroomsatsuji"']

All in the name of freedom[/quote]

We l gotta make sacrifices for freedom.

16. I call bullshit. ;)

17. [quote name='"psilopsyche"']

We l gotta make sacrifices for freedom.[/quote]

Which continues to justify my plan to exterminate the stupid people

18. Chippewa Indians believed that women would have deformed babies if they were frightened by something during the pregnancy.

[​IMG]

(edit-is that the Backtrack 5 logo?)

19. #39 Solar Being, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2011
    [quote name='"WildWill"']

Wow, that's about a gross misinterpretation of events and an oversimplification as I've ever seen.

Pretty irrelevant? Gimme a fucking break - the woman LOST HER BABY due to the actions of someone who is supposed to PROTECT AND SERVE. The cops overstepped their boundaries and should be held accountable for their actions.

It was a PEACEFUL protest, something that is guaranteed in the constitution of these United States.

I hope she sues the shit out of them.

And I'm sorry, but neg rep for being so callous.[/quote]

What I'm saying is that a woman having a miscarriage has nothing to do with the movement, that's why it's irrelevant. People need to focus on the big picture not the minutiae.

P.s. keep abusing that neg rep ability :)

20. I'm not exactly how sure this information is, but a part of the reason that the police intervened was that there were reports of rape as well as drug trafficking. The whole situation began to pose a public health concern and, when they tried to evacuate some protestors, it turned into a huge mess.

Really, this seems to be the end of the OWS movement. It was supposed to be a non-violent protest and it's clearly become more aggressive and antagonistic.

For what it's worth, I go to a very liberal school and the person who told me this was very supportive of the Occupy protests.