Occupy Mars: The Game

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Vee, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Survive on Mars and colonize it! Build and upgrade your base, discover new regions, conduct mining operations, retrieve water and generate oxygen, grow crops, fix broken parts. Occupy Mars is a highly technical, open world, sandbox game about Mars colonisation.

Devlog #28: Growing vegetables on Mars
    [​IMG]
    Inside the Main HQ, you can grow potatoes and beetroots, but before you start cultivating plants, you need to build devices, which will allow you to do it, e.g. hydroponic shelves and optionally plant incubator. At your disposal you’ll have a seed tool used for planting seeds. Besides, you have to make sure that your base has power and water connection because your plants need light and water
    [​IMG]
    If you would like to plant seeds in an incubator first, remember that once the crops have germinated, you have to replant them into hydroponic shelves. Growing potatoes and beetroots on hydroponic trays from the beginning won’t require replanting them later but it will take longer. In the full game there will also be additional steps where you can replant your crops into fields and greenhouses.
    [​IMG]
    While cultivating, you have to monitor the parameters (like: temperature and water level)
    on an ongoing basis and manage resources wisely if you want to grow food successfully

If you would like to plant seeds in an incubator first, remember that once the crops have
    germinated, you have to replant them into hydroponic shelves. Growing potatoes
    and beetroots on hydroponic trays from the beginning won’t require replanting them
    later but it will take longer. In the full game there will also be additional steps
    where you can replant your crops into fields and greenhouses.
    [​IMG]
    While cultivating, you have to monitor the parameters (like: temperature and
    water level) on an ongoing basis and manage resources wisely
    if you want to grow food successfully

The prologue is close to launch. Stay tuned for upcoming updates. If you have any questions or just want to talk with devs and other future colonists, feel free to join our Discord server!
    Best Regards,
    Occupy Mars Team

Out March 18th on Steam

looking great too

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Grow plants on Mars is great practice to growing weed on Earth ....lololol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. I'll check it out for sure, currently playing surviving mars!

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. This Seems Pretty Cool I Might Ask My Man To Get it because I Know He Like Other Planet Games Too.

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. have you looked at the latest overblown 'masterpiece? surviving the aftermath
    I've quit that, once the need for heaters appeared, a rip from another game frost punk

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. No I haven't played it, the mixed reviews on steam kept me away. I love colony sims but I suck at them, I lack the long term strategic planning required for some reason. I still love to try and fail though haha.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. my all time favorite has to be Tropico 3 or 4 the games have much needed atitude that gets you rolling
    tho the later games seem to either try too hard or like 5 have no 'fun' at all
    cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. A member just told me the Mars Rover Mechanic pre game is out Now and FREE

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. nice post

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. #10 Vee, Oct 7, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
    IMO: give 'surviving the aftermath' steam: a shot ..now very different from my original thread, perhaps a change of management at iceflake,
    I just played 'furthest frontier', now thats micromanagement on a whole new level,
    on YT Raptor and his hi end pc, are struggling to cope with a population of just 250pp, so I keep mine low at about 50-99 peeps ..the above mars game and its offshots will go down as a buggi flop (sorry)

ps now on Junkyard truck not a city builder but its great to be in the boondocks of the usa ....lol
    and waiting for Builders of Egypt

• Winner Winner x 1