Occupy ATL, AKA, "democratic" circle jerk.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthrnSmoke, Oct 9, 2011.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QZlp3eGMNI&feature=share]Occupy Atlanta Silences Civil Rights Hero John Lewis! - YouTube[/ame]

WTF.

2. This reminds me of a cult. Stupid shit in the red shirt deserves to get beaten.

3. What happens in the video?

4. so far a bunch of people repeating what the dude in the red shirt is saying..

it's creepy so far... scared to watch any further.

5. This, then the red shirt guy asks the crowd if they want to continue with the "agenda" instead of letting John Lewis speak. The mindless crowd all votes yes and John Lewis is just left waiting on the side while the douchebag speaks. Then he leaves when he realizes the punk isn't going to let him speak. Really disrespectful and fucked up.

6. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-c-xc24C8g]Eric Cartman Hitler speech (ENG) - YouTube[/ame]

7. That was the most confusing shit I've ever seen.

You just scared the shit out of me; I'm probably gonna get lynched soon. Wish me luck.

8. Why does this remind me of kindergarten?

9. i hate people in ga jesus christ i cant wait to move out of this shithole rinky dink state

10. lmao!

11. this is like a tim and eric skit HAHA

12. #12 dubaba, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2011
    So first you guys complain about democrats taking over the movement, but when they deny a democrat u mad? Yall confuse me

I think they are repeating stuff so that everyone can hear. It is kinda wierd though

They are horribly organized :/

13. This. From what I understand, megaphones are not allowed to be used for some reason so protestors have to do this sort of repetition to get the message heard by all the attendees.

It would have been cool to hear that guy speak... Their loss I suppose.

14. I personally don't care what anyone's party affiliation is. I would have liked to hear what Lewis had to say, but I more or less posted it because it was fucking weird and cultish.

This reminded me of kindergarten too, like reading aloud with the teacher

15. But the guy has a mega phone?

16. Raleigh's speaker said that noise can't travel past 100 ft, because of local laws (I'm sure you have to pay the government for a noise permit or some bullshit).

17. Yeah, these "democratic consensus" things are fucking stupid. I went to the first General Assembly in Pittsburgh...

So, the first half hour, they were arguing about going Ministry of Truth on Ghandi's rules of non-violence to delete "God" from the 8th rule. After that, for 45 minutes, they talked about where they were going to protest. They decided on 10 AM somewhere in Pittsburgh. I then got up to the mic finally, and asked if we were ever going to talk about what the protest was about, got booed and sat back down. Then they decided to decide the location of the protest later, and everybody cheered. That's when I left.

18. Dude, SAME bullshit in Raleigh. They talked forever about stupid bullshit, and ended up deciding that they will align with OWS's demands, and they will be meeting two times a day now. It took them two fucking hours to figure out those two things.

19. People today man, they just don't know how to have a proper revolution. I stayed on the facebook group and proposed this as a "statement":

And was completely ignored, even though the "working group" was supposed to vote on every proposal and discuss it. I sort of thought it was better than that laundry list from the wall street occupiers, I don't know what you guys think of it.

So it's Ron Paul revolution or bust, basically.

20. They got to "cut down federal government" and stopped reading.

Honestly, most of this crowd thinks more regulation/government will fix our problems. :rolleyes:

I want us conservatives to join their revolution and try to inform them and sway their "democratic consensus" with our votes. Because honestly I agree with their concerns, just not their ends.