Obsidn's LED closet blueberry

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by obsidn, May 10, 2011.

1. Nothing wrong with using GH Liquid Koolbloom man, that stuff has major doses of P and K to get your lady to fatten up. I've heard the dry KoolBloom works wonders in the final 2 weeks of flower as it packs a much heavier punch than the liquid form. :smoke:

2. #42 Up_In_Smokn', Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2011
    Try running your fan as an exhaust , not intake.....
    Your sucking all that moisture... not to mention bugs into your grow room:eek:
    Rain = 100% humidity... so the air you are sucking into your grow is/has 100% humidity when you should be trying to keep the RH at about 60%....

If you had been flowering under these conditions your whole crop would be lost to mold:(

Instead of guessing which nute to use and how much why not use the handy chart GH has made for you:confused_2:

Most people top at 4 or 5 nodes ;)

What's with the feeding schedule?
    I thought this was a DWC setup?
    Just put the nute level about 1" - 2" below the net pot, run your air stones 24 hrs a day done:confused_2:

I don't see how you're burning them @ 600 ppm:confused_2:
    I routinely run "over" twice that amount with no problems:confused_2:

Most folks who claim to have nute burn actually have a nutrient deficiency...
    It's hard to tell the difference:eek:
    Burns usually start at the leaf tips though ;)

Is this an LED thing?
    Don't know anyone who does this?

[​IMG]DO NOT CUT YOUR ROOTS[​IMG]

The roots should grow into the water... this is normal:smoke:

The dry is one part of a two part feed from GH...

The liquid can be used in addition to the 3 part GH series ;)

I really think getting on a proven feed schedule/mix would help you out a lot;)
    That and reversing your fan ;)

+rep for keepin' them alive so far ;)

3. #43 obsidn, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2011
    Holy Crap Up_In_Smokn' ! :D lotsa typin

-Im not using air stones, its a water pump and the roots hang in the air above the nut solution (I think you figured that out as you read though)
    -Yeah I've read that doing an extended dark period when switching over to flowering helps bud development (not just an LED thing and I flowered early cause I wasnt going to be around for a while)
    - And I'm kinda perplexed about the whole 'not being able to use a full amount of nutes' thinkg too. But these things are burning really quick.

However I do have a new problem that Im looking for advice for:

So blades, as you know I've been doing about 450ppm per gallon for almost two weeks now, cause they burned if I went higher. BUT, now Im seeing discoloration on two leaves and Im thinking its LACK of nutrients thats doing it. Here's a pic for your examination. (dont mind the dark spots, thats from the previous nut burning)

Attached Files:

4. I'm not sure what to say about the top feed/DWC:confused_2:

I would consider getting an air pump and 2 stones....
    This is my concern .............

In a DWC / Bubble bucket type setup the roots grow into the nute solution which is constantly airated...
    Without the air bubbles the plant drowns... sorta...
    This "over watered" condition can cause nute defs as well
    Which is seeming to be where you are at now......
    Interesting:bongin:

With the 48hr thing... I've only seen people do that for the 48 hrs before chop.......
    Supposedly it causes the ladies to panic and causes extra trich production.....
    I don't do either:laughing: To each their own ;)

It looks like an "N" def to me but I'm not real good at plant sickness....
    Try posting the pic in the this thread....... probably a lot better than waiting for the mountain ;):rolleyes::smoke::wave:

5. hey thx Up_In_Smokn' for the thread suggestion, i didnt even have to post (i lurk alot) and found several posts thinking it was Nitrogen deficiency as well. I figured it was one of the big 3.

But I think I should pipe in that the roots are not in the water right now. the only time they have water is when they are getting fed. other wise they stay dry as they are hanging in the air, so they dont drown.

6. So you keep lowering the water level as the roots grow?

I'm not trying to knock what you're doing...
    Just tryin' to understand how it will work out in the long run;)

7. Nah, I havent had to lower the water level, but I did have to get a bigger water resevoir so the roots didnt drown. It may come down to me having to use an air stone, who knows?

8. That's what I'm thinkin'.... cause sooner or l8r the roots will be in the solution;)
    Don't know how familiar you are with bubble buckets....
    But if you search GC you will find some pics of the root balls......
    The root balls are easily 3 gal in size:eek:

IMO... you will hit a point where you can't avoid it......
    Good luck:smoke::wave:

9. ^^^ If I get to that stage I'll definetly remember to put a couple air stones in.
    Day 16 of flowering

Note to self: I put in a gallon of 900 ppm micro to help boost the Nitrogen this morning. We'll see the results in a couple days, I hope.

But all this talkin and no pics makes lurkin no fun, sooo0000oooo:

(all individual bud shots are of seperate bud, no two buds are in the same pic (i think))

Attached Files:

10. You do understand that the old growth will not get renewed....
    You need to look at the new growth in order to see if the change is working;)

Nice budz for 16 daze :D

11. i thought as much, it was the same with the nute burn :)

12. Just wanted to make sure ;)

13. Today was an official nute change day. I have upped the nutes.
    3 gallons of 600 ppms
    1 of 700 ppms
    1 of 800 ppms

heavy on the Nitrogen, about %70 micro in each, %20 flora, %10 or less of boost.
    still 2ml per gallon of H2O2

Its also a day to unveil my new camera.
    Pic three is off what Im starting to refer to as 'The Twins', you saw them in the last post I made.

Attached Files:

14. I took some monster clones, hopefully they'll work out so i dont have to use seeds next time.

Attached Files:

15. Day 24 of flower

I dont think, the yellowing is because of a lack of nitrogen anymore. Its only happening on righty. and, righty has also had some weird looking leaves. so i think maybe, righty has some bad genes. woteva. it'll do what it wants to.

and of course, credit where credit is due. up_in_smokin'. I have made bubble buckets, as per rumpleforeskins directions on this thread:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/121335-lets-build-bubble-bucket-*step-step*.html
    xcept ive got four air stones instead of 2.

i've been having to crop alot to get these photos to fit using the new camera. so forgive the less than excellant pics.

Attached Files:

16. ^im glad you like them.
    im not too happy with the way the grow has gone, but, it is the first and the next will be better.

17. yeah, but the plants are still dieing. Righty seems to be on her last breaths, leaves going yellow left and right. I dont get it. and now even lefty is showing a couple small signs. but the roots are doin good. its so wierd.

18. Ok, do me a favor, Obsidn, tell me how the grow is coming, while understanding I don't have a green thumb.

-Bro