Obscuranist

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by MysteryRoach69, Jan 11, 2013.

1. I am an antiobscurantist.

2. Agreed, it is very interesting, and i understand some of the points. But i dont see why the few can have what the many cant. especially something so basic to our existence

3. Yeah, I think this idea would hinder humanities progress

4. It may still exist's today but in different forms. Eg: Media bias, fashion, marketing. politics.

5. David Icke comes to mind

Pretty much most so called spiritual teachers are this

Politicians

6. How are they politicians?

7. Politicians use obscuranist language

8. True. I think spiritual speakers tend to use colorful, abstract language, but I'm not sure if that's to hide the true meaning of what they are speaking

9. I think most spirtual leaders are full of bullshit and they don't even know what they are saying. They use obscuranist langauge so no body knows can grasp any conherent meaning from there words. They just want the listener to think they are saying something deep or mystical and leave it at that

10. I wouldn't be surprised. I think theres only so far a person can perceive the realities of the world subjectively. So naturally by creating there own reality and dismiss anything outside there perception if it contradicts there limited scope of explanation of what is or matters. Although taking the quote out of context it sort of describes what I am thinking.

Friedrich Nietzsche said: “The essential element in the black art of obscurantism is not that it wants to darken individual understanding, but that it wants to blacken our picture of the world, and darken our idea of existence.”[3]

11. Correction, I wouldnt know enough about any spiritual teaching to point the finger, I am only imagining the logical hurdles they would face and how they might try and overcome them. That said I haven't heard, seen or witnessed anything that makes me think there is any alternative truth out there so manipulation of perception is the most logical reasoning to justify a subjective limitations of what is.