Objectivism

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Wet Horse Lips, May 14, 2010.

1. Hey all,

I've been reading through Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged", about 350 pages in so far, and I can say already that it is the most significant read of my life to date. I'm extremely fascinated by Ms. Rand's views, known as the philosophy of objectivism. Her perspectives align closely with my view of the world and existence, and my course of study in university is directly related to what she writes about.

Needless to say, I am intrigued. My dad gave me the book - said he's read it at ten times. He told me you discover something new each time you read through it. This amazes me, because the books exceeds 1000 pages in length - although, if you're a dedicated and competent reader, length doesn't matter. On top of passing "Atlas Shrugged" on to me, my dad gave me all of Ayn Rand's other titles as well, so my summer is going to be full of this type of reading, with me paying much attention to Rand's philosophy.

Anyone have anything to say about Objectivism? I know there must be some people here who have read this book or come upon such an idea elsewhere.