Obamas Oval Office Speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TheFallen981, Jun 16, 2010.

1. @southernsmoke I respect where you're coming from and agree that the timing of things does seem coincidental, but thats all I think I could personally really call it. Again we have reactionary system in which in order to accomplish anything a major malfunction has to occur for something to change.

Also I agree with what you said about him making promises he wasn't sure if he could keep. Did you catch when he said that in a matter of weeks they'd be able to contain 90% of the oil coming up? If this is really possible why hasn't it been in place since day one? :confused:

2. How much research have you done on this on your own ?

How much have you learned through mediums besides mainstream media, the tube, or the radio? Do you check raw sources as far as they get?

If you did, you might be a little more open-minded to thinking that it was an inside job. There are lots of variables present that stink of conspiracy.

Washington's Blog

Gulf Oil Spill to Drag Goldman Sachs into Trading Scandal?

Andy Borowitz: Goldman Sachs Reveals it Shorted Gulf of Mexico

Robbins Umeda LLP Announces an Investigation of the Acquisition of Boots & Coots, Inc. by Halliburton Co. - MarketWatch

BP buys top Google search result for 'oil spill' - Telegraph

BP Used Riskier Method to Seal Oil Well Before Blast - NYTimes.com

[ame="http://www.scribd.com/doc/32663286/Deepwater-Horizon-Interim-Incident-Investigation-BP-s-Washington-Briefing"]Deepwater Horizon Interim Incident Investigation (BP's Washington Briefing)[/ame] ( look at page 37 on this link :laughing: )

Goldman Sachs sold $250 million of BP stock before spill | Raw Story

BP chief Tony Hayward sold shares weeks before oil spill - Telegraph

CONFIRMED: Aerial Video Shows Second Leaking Rig Near The Deepwater Horizon

'The Rig's on Fire! I Told You This Was Gonna Happen!' - National - The Atlantic

Deepwater Horizon Inspections: MMS Skipped Monthly Inspections On Doomed Rig

BP didn't do critical test of cement strength in Gulf well | NewsWatch: Energy | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Schlumberger, A Contractor On The Exploded Oil Rig, Says BP Refused To Test The Well | The Seminal

And so on and so forth...

3. #23 SouthrnSmoke, Jun 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2010
    Im pissed about hearing that on day 3 ( DAY FUCKING 3!!!!!) The dutch and other countries were offering us equipment that would have cleaned millions of gallons a day. Our leadership refused, based on a law that bans other countries vessels from entering our water.

^^^ Take this statement with a grain of salt, i have only heard it on the radio, and i don't want to put it out there as gospel. I have not researched it yet, and its about my bedtime so ill do it tomm. It would be really cool if someone were to look in this direction and if im wrong, post it please.

Edit: Okay, vitamins thorough article post regarding his statement put me to shame for not providing SOMETHING tonight. So here is an article i found after a short search.

http://www.fortliberty.org/obama-administration-rejected-help-with-oil-spill-cleanup.html

And another, almost a carbon copy.

http://www.dredgingtoday.com/2010/06/09/usa-dutch-technology-helps-to-fight-oil-spill/

This statement spoke to me the loudest.

4. We don't have to worry about the oil spill now we are working with Kevin Costner's water cleaning machine!:hello: lawls

5. @Vitamin420 I have done research into this on my own and kept up on it as the leak has progressed and have to say neglegence, cutting corners and inpropriety on the part of the organization responsible for oversight doesn't necessarily correlate to conspiracy.

I won't be able to convince you of my position, and while I'll try and keep an open mind on yours I can't guarentee that I will be able to fully accept it but will respect your opinion. You've posted some pretty interesting articles, I'll take a look at them thanks man

*edit*
    @sunstoner I know I saw that and couldn't help but laugh, guess BP has bought thirty something of them though? Don't quote me on that, no idea when they'll be employed if ever

6. Yup, I fully agree with you on that last bit there, I think there is so much information that is false amidst so little information that is true, that it's hard to discern fact from fiction. A lot of stuff that's thrown around the internet appears valid even though it's just the same story recycled over and over through multiple websites that have similar interests in mind.

Everything in this day and age has blemishes of corruption though, it's sort of inherent in society, given the way things run :confused_2: Nobody tells the truth, even if they don't know it. By the time the news hits your ears it's been anal-raped by bias. And it doesn't help that BP isn't really cooperating with media, and not much information is being shed on this disaster from third-party sources. BP gets to decide what they release, and they have an incentive to keep their shareholders pleased, so they don't want their stock value going down :p

I don't think it requires rock solid proof to say that BP is covering up the facts and is not giving the truth. I think this theory sort of works like the laws of physics... take a photon, for instance, we cannot see, taste, touch, smell, or interact with a photon in any way shape or form besides that which we deduce in our minds through a mathematical representation that coincides with reality as we observe, and I feel the very same is true here. There are rules, akin to laws, that businesses follow under economic models, aka equations, and when those economic models interact with social and cultural models as present in the United States, you can take a pretty good guess as to what's going to happen.

7. Yeah we can both agree on that, we have a system that has been highlighted with corruption charges lately or at least its coming out to attention more lately. As for BP releasing what ever they damn well please thats pretty fucking obvious, initially they estimated it to 5,000 barrels a day- today they're saying its more than likely closer to 35,000-60,000 a day. And they're only just now getting to installing a flow monitor to clearly measure how much is flowing from the fucking pipe.

Sorry for the wall of text but this is really ridiculous. Four of five of the companies at the house hearing today had identical strategies to handle large spills, getting information from an expert who died five years ago in some cases. Fucking bullshit.

8. and...this is a problem why?

9. I'm just hoping this is something that he can actually accomplish. Not only is renewable energy necessary its a big job creator.