Obama's new drug policy (April 2013).

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Senior PoopiePants, Apr 26, 2013.

1. #1 Senior PoopiePants, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2013
    I put this in Pandora for a reason. :)

I think this is major. We may not see a change just yet, but it's definitely a step in the right direction!

A drug policy | The White House

Well I'll be... Did I wake up in a parallel dimension?? Thoughts?

Edit - Please keep this thread in line with GC's rules, thanks.

2. I don't know... Seeing this coming from The White House makes me feel good:

3. yeah...that's really sad that people dont see straight through his words, dear God this country is shit.
    yes I'll get the links, but the amount of bills the obama administration are trying to pass is ridiculous why so fast? and why now?

4. This is great news. Even though it isn't an end on the War on Drugs it is a great step in the right direction and it will help people who need it.

5. Possibility A:Obama lies a lot.

Possibility B:He really wants to do all he says, but the system wont allow it, and neither will his financial backers, which the private prison industry is one of.

Being skeptical of anything government related, I'm not going to lie, I'm biased towards A.

But I believe in giving people a chance too, so well se what happens.

6. Perhaps they'll want to have everyone who smokes cannabis to be brought in for treatment for their addiction.

7. Of course, how do you think they identify the people who need "treatment"?

At this point it's just political rhetoric with no teeth. Nothing is changing. I still need to worry about the cops while I have weed on me.

8. 'drug or alcohol' as if alcohol was not a drug...

9. Probably got some buddies in the drug treatment industry!

10. 100% Rhetoric. The US is still spending more money and resources on enforcement and incarnation than they do on medical treatment.

11. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets annoyed by that phrase :D

I guess Obama's new stance is a step in the right direction, but when he says full legalization of drugs runs counter to public health and safety, he just loses all credibility on the issue in my eyes.

12. Those are just talking points.

Notice there are no proposals for legislation change.

13. well it would be a step in the right direction if it were true, but seeing as obama is a notorious liar....i don't see anything changing, i could be wrong though

obama is the master of deception...he can talk his way into getting people to agree with him

14. Obama is the Antichrist. No really.

15. even if they legalize, they will shit on you with rules and regulation.

16. It's total bs, I got excited when I first read it a couple days ago too. When the funding significantly drops I might believe it, but as of now it's just empty words.

17. You guys are all negative nancys.

This is what i'm excited about. Recognizing that not all drug addicts are criminals.

18. #19 Jakobo, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2013
    [QUOTE="Marley15;17927760"it's just empty words.[/QUOTE]

This, 100%. Not a negative nancy, just being realistic.

19. What do you think a narcissist is?