Obama's job fair...what a f-kin joke..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chicken, Dec 5, 2009.

1. ARE YOU KIDDING ME ?

this guy has never run a business...never had a real job...has no idea of what he's doing...

..and the people that attended his job fair.. doesnt have a clue either of what a small business owner does to run his business...

hey obama cut the taxes for small business owners...thats your solution...

me a back-woods hick has the answer and you cant figure that out?

what a fuckin idiot he is<------------:cool:

2. #2 Dronetek, Dec 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2009
    I love how the media is going nuts over the fact only 11,000 jobs lost last month. The same media trashed Bush for only creating 900,000 jobs in 2006. We live in the twilight zone.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO5pDbf6et8"]YouTube- Economic Reporting: Then and Now[/ame]

But yea, the jobs summit is a PR joke. It has nothing to do with creating jobs. In fact, Obama said that very thing a few weeks ago. Obama and everyone in his administration are dangerously inexperienced. Instead about worrying about his inexperience, the MSM focuses on Palin's. A woman with no power or office.

3. They want it to be either you work for the government or a corporation given money by the government and therefore under their authority and influence.

They want people to be reliant on the state. The self sufficiency and prosperity created by letting small business flourish is not one of their goals.

How better to get people to rely on them than to directly and indirectly control them economically.
    Americans are starting to realize how we are getting screwed.

4. You're right about one thing-you are a back woods hick.

5. Why are you posting just to insult people? :rolleyes:

6. coming from a guy that has 4 posts....

you sure do know me well...:rolleyes:

7. We are living in Bizarro World.

Obama is saying that 'now is not the time to make a profit'. :rolleyes:

In Obama's world profits are bad.

I got news for the those on the left, Sarah Palin is a genius compared to Obama. Businesses in her state made a profit, everyone had jobs and the state still made it big in taxes.

Obama is a complete noob. This man is not competent to run the nation. Who vetted this moron in the first place?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-N_DPNve44]YouTube - Obama says now is not the time for companies to make profits![/ame]

Everybody makes a profit. That is what keeps people employed and keeps things moving.

Every single one of us goes to work to make a profit. If you sell your car or your house, you intend to make a profit; unless you spent all that money just to give it away.

Everything is backasswords in BizzarObama World. :mad:

[​IMG]

8. Serious question here. Not trying to be a smart-ass as I usually am.

What makes you think cutting taxes to small businesses is going to help unemployment?

Small, and large businesses have already learned they can keep productivity up with less people. Why would they hire anyone when they can get the job done with less employees?
    As a small business owner several times over I'll tell you right now. I would pocket that money.

JG

9. See that is exactly what is causing our economy to wither,people "pocketing their money".

If companies decide to not re-hire after the economy re-stabilizes,then there is millions of people without income who obviously can't spend what they don't have.Which equates to billions of dollars of potential income lost for business owners like yourself.

But I'm sure you don't care,as long as you're okay.

10. Quoted for truth.

11. The whole purpose of starting, and running a business is to make as large a profit as possible. The fact that it employs people is a fortunate side effect.

Are you telling me that I, as the person who risked my time, and money to start this business should forgo my ability to make as much money as I can?

As to those that remain unemployed. They need to retrain, and reassess their expectations. Wages are dropping, and will continue to drop until they are in line with global wages. You have the whole globalization movement to thank for that, and I can assure you the small business owner is no happier than you about it.

JG

12. I laugh at those who back collectivists and think the economy will ever get better. The joy of collectivism is we can all be poor together! Being a collectivist is quite idiotic, as anyone with a small grasp of history will understand that stringent individualism produced the most powerful nation seen thus far, and all collectivism produces is misery for all forced into it.

Collectivism is the mortal enemy of a free society.

13. Assuming you're asking the question in good faith...

Small business tax cuts help the economy in multiple ways:

1) They make it easier for small business (who employ 50% of America) to stay in business, which addresses the current economic situation by stabilizing it

2) They enable small businesses to engage in business activities like advertising, inventory management, technology upgrades, etc, all of which have direct and immediate impacts on the economy. Small businesses differ from large businesses in this matter because cashflow issues often restrict these activities

3) Many small businesses are structured in such a way that all business revenue and income are taxed as the owner's personal income. This can result in a small business paying 50%+ taxes on all profit in certain instances, as well as having to record something as income before having been payed for the service/product. This creates a lot of budgetary pressure within small businesses, that can ultimately have a detrimental impact.

4) Productivity can only go so high. There reaches a point where, if a business is to continue to expand so as to make more money, it needs more employees. Lower small business taxes (especially payroll taxes) lower the threshold for expansion, which significantly contributes to economic recovery.

5) High taxes (along with oppressive regulations) can actually make it beneficial for a company NOT to expand, even when they would be more profitable if they did so. This is a corporate version of the "John Galt effect" (which i presume you're familiar with due to your name).

These are just a few general, pragmatic reasons why small business tax cuts are a good thing.

They contribute to economic growth, especially during a recession/depression. Wealth is created by money being circulated, and even though we have massively expanded the money supply, money is not circulating. Small business tax cuts are far more likely than the Porkulus to increase money circulation and wealth production.

Though I am adamantly opposed to personal taxes, I am not adamantly opposed to business taxes (though I think they are too high). Business taxes can actually be helpful to the economy under the right conditions (by controlling and restraining economic growth so as to avoid inflationary pressure, in a way that works as an alternative to interest rate changes, for example). However, the oppressive level of business taxes we currently have in the US are not helping, and are likely hurting.

If the 1 trillion dollars (1,000,000,000,000) Obama wasted on the Porkulus had instead been directed into common sense targeted tax cuts, and a few other far more sensible measures, we would likely be experiencing significnat economic growth. Consider the following:

[​IMG]

And, as a general principle, saddling the people of the United States with 1 trillion dollars in additional debt is generally bad for the economy.

[​IMG]

14. #14 Arteezy, Dec 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2009
    Yes, people saving money "is causing our economy to wither." :rolleyes:

15. chicken, i just don't get these random threads shitting on obama simply for no reason other to shit on obama. there is nothing in your post even worth responding to. at least SirElliot says something intelligent with supporting information, although I often disagree, but at least they have substance unlike several of your last threads...

16. it's not a random thread....its the activities of our president on a important issue...

yet it gets treated as nothing more than a photo-op...

none of the people he had in attendance was qualified.. to even open thier mouth's about creating new jobs...

and what got accomplished from that meeting....

'' MAYBE IF HE WANTED '' to feel the pulse of the issue he was addressing...

would have been to invite in some of the protesters outside,, and have a real conversation with aman,, beating the streets all day trying to find work...

or just pick up a d.c. phonebook.. and surprise the hell out of 30 owners of small businesses ,and invited them to the white-house and ask them what would help thier business..

so no it aint a wasted thread/topic......it's a waste of our presidents valuable time to hold such a bogus meeting,,, and call it a job-fair.:cool:

17. #18 PhillGates, Dec 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2009
    ...smh

He's was talking about corporations on Wall Street spending their bonuses shiftlessly, son. Not Main.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMI-pKpc8fU]YouTube - President Obama Gives the Business to "Shameful" Wall Street[/ame]

If you're going to shit on Barack about a seemingly deluded quote on economical scrape, look up the whole segment first... and make sure it's not 10 months old.

If anything go after his poor excuse for a treasury department, they're the actual noobs.

18. Yes, let's cut taxes some more.

While we are involved in two wars and taxes are already lower than they have been in, what, like 75 years or more. You should build a time machine and travel back to the 80's and teach a course on economics- maybe you could really promote deregulation too.

19. Makes sense to me..

The economy is all about moving money not storing it.