Obama's Fake Battles

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CannabisInCanada, Apr 24, 2010.

1. #1 CannabisInCanada, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2010
  2. I couldnt agree more.

3. Politics.

Gotta uphold the illusion.

4. Yea, why is the SEC now charging them for a 2007 deal so publicized it had books written about it?

Obviously political motives.

5. What about all of Obamas battles that aren't talked about in the media such as his War in Yemmen, the Gulf of Aiden, Somalia, and Pakisatan? Obama is a puppet just like all presidents. Look at Zbigniew Brzezinski and the CFR if you want to know who is pulling the strings.

6. Good article

7. I concur.

Though I doubt any Obamabots gave it a serious read.

8. It's just how politics works. Is he "BATTLING" these groups? No. But in many cases, he is working against them. Health insurance companies and banks aren't spending tens of millions on lobbying against the bills for nothing.

And I'd rather have a pretend "weak" battle against special interests compared to coddling them and protecting them.

9. Wrong. Health care bill was supported by big pharma/insurance and this bill is being backed by Goldman Sachs. The ONLY ones lobbying (and weakly) against them are the smaller health insurance companies or smaller banks that will struggle to stay afloat after all this big government regulation.

10. You completely missed the point. Try reading it a second time.

11. I don't think the larger insurance companies were on board. Quite a few provisions were harmful, for example not allowing them to drop people who get sick. And one bank (in the midst of fraud charges) going along with the bank reform bill doesn't entirely prove your point.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that it is wrong to call Obama's battles "fake" because some of those he is "battling" are for it. I'd say Obama is working towards reform. Certain affected parties see the merit in reform, while others are fighting it. Simply because it isn't a slaughterhouse doesn't make it "fake".

12. Fixed.

13. Despite the fact that some things might actually change with new legislation like the health care reform bill, the big corporations are still for these changes because it gives them an advantage in the market. A source of income that seems never ending, government contracts.

Why would you care if you can't drop x or y because of a preexisting condition when Uncle Sam is footing the bill?

14. I don't think they're bitching too much. They just picked up 30 million new customers. I'm against restricting states' rights to govern themselves but as long as the federal government is getting this involved in health care, why the fuck didn't they include legislation that allows us to shop across state lines for insurance?? What a no-brainer way to increase competition and reduce premiums. This whole thing fails the smell test miserably.