Obamas approval rating.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stoned budda, Mar 4, 2009.

1. #1 stoned budda, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009
    I'm just curious and intend to run a monthly poll to gauge the city's approval of Obama's performance as president.

The polls before this election drastically leaned in Obama's favor. I'm curious if everyone is happy with the way the president is handling the job.

I know this will be labeled another Obamaphobiac thread but i don't care, its purely for curiosity.

2. I dont know if hes doing a great job, but i dont think hes a complete fuck up either.

3. Well i didn't want a bunch of questions. Its if you approve of over 50% of what hes doing then you approve.

4. To be honest I'm not sure if the politics forum is the best place to conduct a poll of this type- general might be better.

I've always gotten the feeling that the politics forum has something of a rightward shift in terms of who goes there (or at least who's the most vocal). I might be completely wrong though...

5. if i were to give him a grade it'd probably be a D+

6. haha wow its at 50/50

that just shows that right now, its pure opinion

7. i voted fuck up, but i think he's certainly better than mccain would have been. i just find zero politicians to be good for the people.
    kucinich and paul are the closest for me, and even they are too right wing for my taste. ;)

8. He's a fuckup untill he legalizes weed

9. YUP.
    but i can't help but criticize this statement, because the president doesn't make laws. you wouldn't believe how many high school kids don't know what the congress is. "Like oh my god, the president can't make a law? I didn't know that."

not saying you didn't know that, btw.

10. I can't say what I feel about his work yet, because I have yet to see the effects. I'll have to judge him once more time has passed- just as historians wait a few years before giving their opinions- it seems too early to judge. I certainly like him better than Bush, but that's pretty much a given.

11. It's going to take awhile for his policies to show but I view his policies the same as Bush with the bailouts and his foreign policy. He is rather smart so he is going to use this economic crisis to his advantage to pass the most left legislation we have all seen in awhile... In a year or two his ratings are gonna be as low as Bush or lower. These politicians are just as arrogant as the French were in the time of Louis the XIV

12. I just cant help but getting sick every time I see that fake smile. Manipulative fucks, all of them. However Mccain would have been equal or worse... or he probably would have died leaving Palin (I lost all "respect" I had when he picked this joke).

I voted for Ron Paul, by the way.

13. specifically in terms of foreign policy, how do you see him as the same as Bush? With the continued strikes on the Taliban in Pakistan? What do you mean here?

14. That we are always going to engage on a supposed threat with a preemptive threat. Our whole problem in the middle east is our romance with Israel which is going to doom us in the end. The creation of the Israel after WWII is equivally as big as a failure as the Versailles treaty after WWI. Biden has already declared him as a Zionist, Rahm Emmanuel voluntary served in the IDF and his dad was part of a Zionist terrorist organization known as Irgun. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irgun

It is totally impossible for Iran to advance it's technology without getting on it's knees to obey Israel. There is going to be an attack on Iran because of it's nuculear threats just like how Iraq had WMD.

15. Yes i agree but was afraid that as soon as the mods saw Obama in the title they would move it anyways.

This poll is just based on opinions since we have not actually seen the effects of his policies yet. As i said i just wanted a feel as to what everyone thinks of his performance to date. This pool will close in a couple of weks then i will run another poll.

16. he already made a law that protects dispenseries and medicinal marijuana patients from the federal law. no more interferance!! the man cant come into the office and just be like BAM heres your weed. hes the first black president, that would not look good. wait untill his second term. no but really he has alrewady made a law in our favor. your all pissed cause of his bailout pllan.

17. Dude, are you an idiot? Presidents dont make laws!:rolleyes:

Yay he stopped federal raids! There is more to life than weed. Put the joint down and pic up a book,. please.

18. He didn't make ANYTHING in to law about medical marijuana. All he said was that the DEA wouldn't go after them, technically they still could. Do you understand how something becomes law?

19. Obama is a major fuckup!!!

Obama and his minions will bring down the world economy.

Citigroup's stock is worth LESS than an ATM fee. :rolleyes:

Jim Cramer is beginning to figure it out.

Before the election I could tell Cramer was sucked in by the lib lies.

Not any more....

20. I'm not ready to call him a fuck up yet, but I feel as though it is inevitable.