Obama's 2012 campaign?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wanderingway, Nov 21, 2011.

1. I've seen the U.S. is establishing a military base in Australia and at the end of the year we are pulling out of Iraq. I've also noticed that the military is currently over manned. Is our government planning to attack North Korea?

The U.S. accuses China of manipulating currency, spying through U.S. networks, hacking satellites,etc.
    China recently announced they are increasing military ties with North Korea. We are bolstering ties with Myanmar (possible future military hub?). Is it possible that Obama is planning something for his 2012 candidacy? I mean I think its what helped Bush stay in office.

Thoughts and opinions?

2. doing all that just to bomb a few outdated soviet era military equipment the DPRK has stockpiled?

3. I think he is just boosting his foreign policy rep with the Neocons.

4. wars arent started to win re-election. there started to make money.

5. It was weird, the other day a friend told me he heard we were going to war with North Korea, or atleast we were going in to get Kim Jong-il and I brushed it off like what ever, but then I sat down later and thought about it while reading the news and that was when the media announced China was boosting ties with NK military. I just wondered if anyone else thought about it?

6. kim jong il is 4 years max from being dead. wikileaks even showed china has become fedup with the childish shenanigans north korea tries to pull every so often.

the entire nation is indoctrinated with a religious-political ideology that we haven't seen the likes of. i don't see how we could handle it without making a mess.

7. I'm pretty sure if we went to North Korea we would be in an all out war with China too. Just my opinion.

8. if we went in without any reason i'm sure china would step in. don't know exactly how china would react if the DPRK sent missiles into SK. but i personally believe NK would never do that. it would be an end to their 'utopian nationalist society'

9. MSM says north korea was tied to Syria's nuclear program which Israel bombed, and apparently tied to Irans program

10. The axis of evil means the list of nations without central banks under the sphere of influence of western central banks.

Money talks.

11. Shit will hit the fan when kim jong dies.

12. Sending troops to Australia is a pre-cursor to China, despite Obama saying otherwise.

Hoboleader was correct in stating though that wars aren't started to win elections. What this might be (Pandora's Box thread related) is we get closer and closer geographically to China, and buildup as much military strength in their neck of the woods in the name of our current failed foreign policy. ((But we're not doing anything wrong, or aggressive))

We make China feel uncomfortable with these new moves, continue to borrow money from them, and do every little small thing we can to poke them in their sides and get them tired of our shenanigans.

Then, when a rogue Chinese terrorist or who knows maybe their leaders do something against us in "retaliation" ((which might very well be warranted on their end)) that is when we have to "declare" war against them.

So in terms of Obama's 2012 campaign, I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to get involved in another area so he can run on the idea of we need consistency in the White House, etc.

My take on it is though, that we are much closer to bashing heads with Iran. Which would inevitably lead to a brawl with China, hense the troops (i.e. chess pieces) being strategically placed in Australia now.

13. [quote name='"hoboleader"']wars arent started to win re-election. there started to make money.[/quote]

This.

14. So do you just make this stuff up as you go go along or is there a Libertarian "talking points hand book" you are quoting from??

"Axis of evil" is a term initially used by the former United States President George W. Bush in his State of the Union Address on January 29, 2002 and often repeated throughout his presidency, describing governments that he accused of helping terrorism and seeking weapons of mass destruction. Bush labeled Iran, Iraq and North Korea as the axis of evil.

Axis of evil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

love to see a link to enlighten me on YOUR definition of the "axis of evil".

15. So not going to happen! You guys are a bunch of conspiracy nuts.

We are going to attack the country that MAKES 90% (or more) of our consumable items.
    and plunge the world into economic chaos, the likes of which we have never seen.

There would have to be severe provocation!
    Iran included.
    Mind you, if the GOP get back in power, ALL bets are off!
    Then we are at war with Iran.

16. What are you talking about we are officially still at war with North Korea? It never ended back in the 50's neither gave terms of surrender.

17. or just countries that actively practice genocide, either one works i guess

18. There can only be one reason?

The reason is "nuclear weapons" and a nut job leader. We did it to Saddam.

Conspiracy nuts? Its not a conspiracy but a question on shifts our country has made. It doesn't matter if China makes most of our goods. We are 15 trillion in debt, if we went to war with China, I'm sure we'd consider ourselves debt free. Remember, this isn't what is happening or something we are planning, this was a question. Don't get so hyped up lol

Yes Officially blah blah blah to our standards. If a country was at war and they decided to stop the war and pull out, I consider that an end regardless of a fucking piece of paper being signed. Humans always breach contracts. Do we sign contracts to go into war? Its kind of silly people think a paper needs to be signed for an end of war. Just my opinion