Obamaflation Has Arrived, And This is What it Looks Like

Discussion in 'Politics' started by StayHighAllDay, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Fuck, everybody got the lube handy? It's time to rub it on our assholes and bend over because super inflation is right behind you...

2. I'm really confused as what I'm supposed to do next. I'm with my parents and I want to leave the country but I honestly don't want to make a rash choice. Someone help haha..ha......ha. I don't want to be here when it gets to the point where we're trying to survive.

3. gas was like 2.70 last january?

4.10 now??

at least get to 4.20 so i can take a picture

4. It's around 4.20 here... 4.30ish if you want premium. But let's not get mad and let's all remember what dear leader said about gas prices "sit down and shut up peasants".

Well, you heard the man.

5. well actually for the past 5 weeks i havent had to buy gas but im also making no money either soo

6. Yeah I ran all out of money today...spent my last 3 dollars on gas (I was on empty for awhile). 0.7 gallons. Zero point seven gallons. That should've bought me at least 2.

7. It's no better in any other countries. The dollar has a HUGE impact on the world economy. Inflation here means bad news for everyone.

Let's be real here though. Obama's influence over the inflation rate is minimal in comparison to Wall Street and the Federal Reserve. If you don't hold the correct people responsible, the problem persists. We can bitch about Obama being incompetent all we want but that's not going to bring justice to the banks who committed fraud and regulators who allowed them to do so. Those people are still earning their billions like it's business as usual.

8. hasn't this been going on for longer than the past three years?

9. Obama appointed Geithner and Bernanke.

10. Obama was told to appoint Geithner and Bernanke*

11. #11 bakenball, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, he deserves criticism for basically picking up right where Bush left off in terms of that. I'm not saying that we need to be praising Obama, but we should at least acknowledge the true root of the problem here.

12. damn i walked by the gas station to get breakfest

they raised it from 4.10 to 4.21

bastards shoulda made it 4.20

13. Obama agreed to appoint Geithner and Bernanke, right after he sold his soul to satan.*

I agree, focus should be on the Fed.

14. Good thing i decided that I won't riot until milk is at LEAST $7 a gallon.

15. I'm buying a bike in a month, maybe sooner if I can save the money. Gas is around 3.80 here.

16. Smart move, my Honda gets 100 mpg. :ey:

17. I've been riding my bike for the past 2 weeks...holy tits, you save so much dough.

18. Attributing rising gas prices to Obama...

We must have some political science or economics majors on this board hahaha

oh man...

19. It was at 4.19 9/10

I was so pissed off. Just 1/10 a cent more.

20. 1913 give or take. Shitty year in 1933 when FDR stole America's gold. 1971 when Bretton Woods broke down and the US Dollar became fully fiat..."We are all Keynesians now". :(