Obamacare will cut the equivalent of 2 million jobs.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sennalover, Feb 5, 2014.

1. #81 Nerd139, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
    If people are working less then American productivity will be cut and the communists will win

2. #82 Nerd139, Feb 7, 2014
    I miss Reagan

3. I don't know if you are serious or not but fuck Reagan and his bitch Nancy with a golf shoe. A couple of authoritarians with raging hard ons for the war on some drugs and their moral majority bullshit. There is nothing moral about forcing your opinions on other people.

Reagan was the shit. By far one of the best we've had in this country.

5. #85 Nerd139, Feb 7, 2014
    Not serious

My Macroeconomics teacher asked a question about Reagan economic policies: 
    The answer to that question wouldnt be too off topic maybe

Reagan would practically be a democrat in today's politics. 

He probably would have even supported "Obamacare"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. I was being sarcastic.

One of the best at building up the corporate ownership of the government, increasing government power, lying to the people, and looking like a half crazy senile old bastard while doing it. 

Oh my God same argument from a different person.

I never said they are lost jobs, nor do I believe anyone in this thread has said that. Losing that many hours is the equivalent to losing that amount of jobs. Let me say again, hours, which equates to the equivalent to they many jobs. There is no mention of new employment opportunities.

And maybe for the fifth time, because being forced by a piece of legislature into making decisions they were not making voluntarily on their own prior, is not the definition of voluntary, nor does having to make decisions under the threat of reduced benefits or higher prices making something voluntary.

Its legalized plunder. People will work less but live at the expense of the theft from other individuals.

10. People are no longer locked into their jobs due to insurance. They work less because they can. They no longer need to pay so much for insurance. They can in fact work more and get insurance not through Obamacare but oh wait... a lot of these people couldnt afford adequate insurance before....hmmmm

This is unbelievable.

"They" cannot work less because "they" have the money to pay for such a thing, "they" are working less because other peoples wallets are being stolen from, it is legalized plunder. It is legalized theft.

Do you have the slightest idea as to why insurance costs have been going up?

Well let's be honest goober, the primary reason insurance costs ever go up is because of higher demand for profits by those at the top.  I know what you were getting at, but felt like that was one fact that all of us here need to remember.   The cost of insurance is always still dictated by the insurance companies. 

13. And it is helped along by government meddling in the market.

I understand, except the cause for that increase in profit (or to supplement stolen profit), will be directly influenced from legislature more often than not.

True.  They can't let the government get ahead of them on the exploitation of the average citizen.  It's a game.  Who can fuck over the people more.

16. Non of us are disagreeing that insurance .companies are greedy corperations out to make a buck.

Its just that people seem blind to tue fact that they manipulate governkebt to force us to give them more money.

You people realize that the obamacare law was written by the insurance compaby right? It was a giant scam to put more money into the hands of corperate elites. Not some godsend to poor people without access to health insurance

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Yes yuri, we all understand that the insurance companies and their puppets (the politicians) wrote the bill with them in mind.  It started out as single payer which would have excluded the companies, but they pushed their way in and took it over and ruined the whole thing.  You must remember though that for some poor people this bill is still a godsend, because they had no insurance at all.   And even if they know the corruption behind it, survival is still paramount.

18. Yet there are a ridiculous amount of others that are losing their insurance or having the price jacked way up and getting royally fucked. How is it any better to just use force to transfer the fuckery to another group?
    So now some poor people get insurance but the ones who have actually worked for theirs all along are getting hosed.

I understand.  My point was that yuri isn't looking at it from another perspective.  He said it's not a godsend for poor people.  I'm telling him that for some of them it is.  Whether it is right or not, a good law or not, it still is a godsend for some people and since they see their own survival as paramount they aren't going to care about his complaints nor agree with what he said about it not being a godsend for them. 

You read too much into my post.

20. Oh, I see. I thought you were saying it was worth it braid off the poor. My mistake.