Obamacare will cut the equivalent of 2 million jobs.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sennalover, Feb 5, 2014.

1. #61 Sennalover, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014

Because your are not happy with it you are missing the point. 80% of Americans that have there insurance are happy with it. Because you are personally unhappy please leave mine alone.
    1. Flawed how? 2. Not up to you to make something better for me. Keep your hands out of my cookie jar. 

2. That's not what I'm talking about either. 80% seems to be a made up number too. I was happy with my insurance as well and I was getting it through the military. I liked it, the people were great but I understood that it could be better.

3. 80% of the cows in a slaughter house think they are being well cared for, until it's their turn to step up. :smoke:

In their defence, it's because they're missing their eyes from the repeated abuse by the workers and they get injections every so often to ensure they don't get sick.

It's not debatable, the healthcare system is not sustainable long term.  Even smart people with great insurance plans know the healthcare system is broken and is dragging the country down.  If you are in denial over this fact, that is fine, but that doesn't mean Twistedd's statement was debatable.

6. Liberals destory evertything they control.

Proof? EVERY SINGLE.LIBERAL CONTROLED STATE/CITY IN AMERICA IS IN POVERTY!!!!!

Now the entire country is liberal controlled. Wrf do you think will happen.

Stop jumping on the gay marriage equal rites income equality bandwagon. The democrat fucktards dont give a fuck about those things. They are what we in the smart people community call LIES

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. It is very debatable to even think that a smart person would make such claims. :smoke:

8. I laughed at this topic!

9. #69 Nerd139, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
    I dont know if it was stated earlier but ACA isnt cutting that many jobs. 

The full time job losses arnt coming from employers firing people but from people choosing to work less hours to keep their insurance.

Not because employers want them too but because the people want to

It does need to be revamped in order to be sustainable in any kind of economic situation.

10. Oh, so they are blessed by our benevolent masters to make the choice between keeping the insurance they already had before obamacare fucked it up our to go to part time and make less money. Hooray for freedom!

Something tells me the people didn't WANT this at all. They were forced to make a tough decision and this is being packaged and sold as some kind of "freedom"

11. At the end of the day, the only thing that matters when deciding if obamacare is good or bad is that it is morally reprehensible to use conversion and threat to force an individual human being too purchase something that they do not want. End of discussion right there. It really is that simple.

12. It is, but it is also off topic for this thread and the thrust of OP's misinformation. :smoke:

13. From the looks of things, no gives a fuck what happens as long as they get their t.v., internet, and music. People would allow their own country to murder another country as long as they have those simple things to occupy them with

14. Hmm, this is an interesting fact check from Calvin Woodard. He loves to tear down Obama's policies with fact checking. This time it supports him (and pretty much as I have debted). :smoke:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/fact-check-anti-obamacare-chorus-key-0

In a key point overlooked in the GOP response, the report says, "The estimated reduction stems almost entirely from a net decline in the amount of labor that workers choose to supply, rather than from a net drop in businesses' demand for labor."
    In other words, workers aren't being laid off. They are taking themselves out of the workforce, in many cases opening job opportunities for others.
    As if recognizing that fellow Republicans were getting a bit overheated, Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, House Budget Committee chairman, introduced a reality check when questioning Douglas Elmendorf, budget office director, during a hearing Wednesday. "So just to understand this, it's not that employers are laying people off, it's that ... people aren't working in the workforce, aren't supplying labor," he posited.
    "That is right," Elmendorf replied.

15. Lulz, and like I already said ICGreen, if people actually read the article instead of the headline, they will see the amount of hours lost equates to those millions of jobs lost. I mean LOL, the headline even says " Will cut the equivalent of 2 million jobs". Nobody gives a shit about what the GOP says.

I've said this numerous times, but it just gets floated away, or force gets changed to required (ICGreen). ACA is once again, forcing people into decisions they otherwise WERE NOT MAKING ON THEIR OWN. If I force someone to accept meal A, B, or C, well then I'm giving them choices between three things. However, it is clearly not the same as removing the force, and letting people make their own decisions.

16. Except its not.

Obama care direclty.caused job loss. This is a provable fact

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You are absolutely rite:rolleyes:

As already pointed out, they aren't "lost" jobs. 

They are working hours that people will be able to voluntarily cut back on, because they no longer have to work just to pay for health care and open up positions for people who do want to work.   This means people are able to retire sooner, or cut back on their hours to spend more time with their kids.  

People get to voluntarily work less hours, and this offends you?

20. The bad part is almost everything the liberals run on shouldn't be changed by government intervention. Marriage shouldn't be up to the state to decide, that kinda misses the whole point. Using the term "gay marriage" separates them. They should run on "marriage equality" instead. Might not sound like much of a difference but it is.

At the end of the day, liberals are just politically correct cry babies. It's annoying honestly and they also vote for what they usually are opposed to, war. So long as you rely on government to change things, you will always be fucked. For the most part, liberals are full of shit. A lot of my liberal friends were so excited for Obama to be in office but it's fact that he's fucking up everything he touches. Republicans aren't doing any better either.

TL;DR - Fuck liberals, fuck republicans, they're all full of shit. Obama sucks, Bush 2.0, if you disagree, you're blind as fuck and you're partially the reason why this country is getting more fucked.