Obama: World Won't Wait for Iran to build a Nuke

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Jul 11, 2009.

1. President Praises G8 statement of unity against Iran

War mongering.

2. We already in Iraq and Afghanistan, why not Iran is what they are thinking. I grew up in a public school just like most of you have, grew up being proud of my country, but today i am anything but.

Obviously there is no such thing as NWO or a coorperation behind our political desk. We only want to put bases in each country and buy everyones natrual resources at pennies on the dollar.

3. some quotes from Obama's Ghana speech.

Obama declares to Africa: End tyranny, corruption - Yahoo! News

How dare any American President make comments like this about other countries, when his own country is the biggest culprit on earth.

and of course he sprinkled in a few "Yes you can"

4. if this doesn't prove his a lying hypocrit, i'm not sure if its possible.

5. The first thing that came to my mind when i saw this yesterday or today on the news was that the very thing he was talking about was happening in his own country and who the hell is he to tell African nations what they can and cannot do.

I do not want to see nuclear weapons spreading either. I think it is funny as hell when nations with nuclear weapons tell other nations without them that they cannot have them all the while nations with them have programs in place to make new WMD.

I do not condone despots but its not his friggen job to "correct" the world. If he wanted to correct the world he would have sent troops into north korea already since they defo have WMD's. But instead he and others before him pick on little countries that they can "fix".

Bollocks.

6. Newt Gingrich: US should sabotage Iranian oil infrastructure to topple government

He's a little more open about their goals.

7. I think we need to realize just HOW corrupt a lot of places in Africa are...

As far as I'm concerned, he's right about Iran...

8. What do you know that the IAEA doesn't know?

9. Iran has enriched enough uranium to make bomb, IAEA says | World news | guardian.co.uk

Some key points

One respected US analyst said that the tonne milestone meant that Iran had reached "breakout capacity" - the theoretical ability to produce the 20-25 kg highly enriched uranium needed for one functioning warhead.

The IAEA said that Iran had put a roof over a "heavy-water" nuclear reactor being built near the town of Arak and was preventing agency inspectors from carrying out ground inspections, meaning that they no longer had any way of seeing what was being done at the facility, which could potentially produce plutonium.

But it also found a roughly 1,500 additional centrifuges had been installed and were "under vacuum", a preparatory step before enrichment can start.

"What should be of concern is that the IAEA is becoming less able to provide an accurate picture of what is going on. We don't know where centrifuges are being manufactured and whether they are being delivered to Natanz or somewhere else. And we cannot remotely see what is happening at [a] heavy water facility under construction at Arak, and whether that is being used for peaceful purposes."

10. Here are some other key points:

UN officials cautioned that there remained many practical obstacles to the production of a bomb, and pointed out that the uranium was under close surveillance, and the report issued by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said Iran appeared to have slowed down the rate at which its uranium enrichment capacity is expanding. But the report is likely to raise further the already high tensions surrounding the Iranian nuclear programme.

The Iranian LEU has less than a 4% concentration of the fissile isotope Uranium 235. To make weapons grade HEU, with a concentration of 80-90%, it has to be further enriched, by being passed through massed 'cascades' of centrifuges.

"Do they have enough LEU to produce a 'significant quantity' of HEU [enough for a bomb]? Yes, if you count the U235 atoms then they do have a significant quantity of HEU," a senior official close to the IAEA said. "But it is theoretical and they would need to use their full capacity to do so. They are not there yet. If they were to build another clandestine facility, then that would be different."

The official added that: "The nuclear material has been under containment and surveillance at all times."

UN officials also stressed that the number of centrifuges at Natanz actually being used to enrich uranium had increased relatively little since the last report in November, from 3,800 to nearly 4,000.

Preventive war = suicide out of fear of death.

Btw, has a muslim leader ever spoken in favor of nukes? Everything I've read suggests to build or use a nuke is blasphemy.

11. Has a muslim leader every spoken, in front of non-muslims at least, in favor of suicide bombings either.

You should look into abrogation, Muhammad was a pretty big fan of changing rules if it was beneficial economically or politically.

12. I know alot of us said it, but did you think that Obama was really going to start fucking up this fast? I hoped he would, but never actually thought he would be talking about a new war already. I have noticed people have been jumping off the obama bandwagon as of late... Lol. Some change.

13. Iran's dictator doesn't believe the holocaust ever happened and he wants nukes...not a good combination IMO.

14. Your country is (worse than) broke and your "leader" is war mongering... not a good combination IMO.

15. God fucking damnit, i wanted him to end our pointless wars, not start more of them...

16. #16 NORRIN RADD, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2009
    really? we're broke? i wasnt saying that what he was doing is right, because its not, i was just saying that iran's leader is a fucking kook and if he does get nukes they are going to be sent towards israel.

17. As far as I'm concerned, we're the only ones who have shown we really have the stomach to actually use them. How are we not the kooks?

18. Please show me evidence where Ahmidinejad:

1) Said the holocaust never happened

2) Wants nuclear weapons

3) Is a fucking kook (If you think opposing the apartheidic Israeli oppression of Palestine is "kooky", then never mind this one)

I'd appreciate if you could provide some evidence of these claims I hear all the time, thanks! :)

19. "They have fabricated a legend, under the name Massacre of the Jews, and they hold it higher than God himself, religion itself and the prophets themselves...If somebody in their country questions God, nobody says anything, but if somebody denies the myth of the massacre of Jews, the Zionist loudspeakers and the governments in the pay of Zionism will start to scream." - Ahmadinejad, December '05

20. 1.) It's not anything new, he's said it in a number of interviews and has said he wants Israel out of the middle east/wiped off the map. He believes it was just a scheme to embarrass the Germans. (Just type in Amedinijahd and the Holocaust in google and you'll get a video of him talking to a MSNBC reporter with his own translator)

2.) Iran might have enough low-enriched uranium this year to compose a nuclear weapon, which enriching uranium is not the same as a nuclear weapon, but why else would they need it if they weren't going to make a nuke.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/20/world/middleeast/20nuke.html
    'Uranium For Iranian Nuke Within 2009' Expert Says, Country Will Have Enough Capacity For Warhead | World News | Sky News

3.) [a]Honestly if you don't believe the Holocaust happened there's something wrong with you seeing as there is a sufficient amount of evidence on the subject. I am against the apartheid-like situation of Israel but that's not why I said he was a kook.