Obama Will Seek To Scale Back Drug War In Second Term:

Discussion in 'Politics' started by STIGGY, Jul 3, 2012.

1. President Barack Obama will take steps to draw down the nation's decades-long war on drugs if he wins a second term, Marc Ambinder reports Monday in GQ.
    According to Ambinder, Obama's "aides and associates" say that the president is looking to prioritize reform, a reflection of the president's long-held beliefs that strict drug prohibition and enforcement policies have done greater damage to society than good.

I think hes is just looking to get the younger and smarter voters
    Than when he is elected he'll change his mind, Lair I am sure wish it was true.

2. Agreed, this will be just like how he was pro MMJ prior to getting elected. After he wins we will have the country's highest arrest rates for drugs in history.

3. He would have to believe it in the first place to change his mind.

4. He will?

Wow, guess I better go vote for him then!

Derp, derky derk....

5. Sure, Obama. Just keep on lying.

6. No, he won't. What was it that Dubya said?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A]Bush "Fool Me Once..." - YouTube[/ame]

Also, remember, "you can take that to the bank"?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn134-KLL7Y]Obama To End The War - YouTube[/ame]

The dude gets paid to lie on the campaign trail. We've seen all of this before.

7. They all lie....remember that asshole Clinton...I didnt inhale...yeah like the intern didnt swallow. Ya know if they let the growers here grow we could at least stop the stuff coming over the boarder and giving money to the cartels etc.....nope that just makes to much sense

8. The intern didn't swallow, she spit it out all over her suit hahaha!

9. Another broken promise from the '08 campaign.

10. #10 TheDankery, Jul 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2012
    So "ongoing discussions with Obama aides and associates" indicate Obama will "scale back" the drug war, whatever that means?

I have no idea what to make of this. This is a weird article.

I'll believe if I see it. We don't need to just scale back the drug war. We need to end the drug war. Mere reform won't fix the entirely counterproductive failure that is the drug war.

11. Why wait until the start of a second term? Why not just scale it back right now?

12. [quote name='"HighMtnSkier"']Why wait until the start of a second term? Why not just scale it back right now?[/quote]

Once he is voted back in he Dosnt have to worry about re-election, he Dosnt want to compromise his chances before election

13. well...we can all hope the planes carrying them around on the campaign trail...fall out of the sky...

14. There's a sucker born every minute.

15. Once he's re-elected, he no longer has to give a shit about you or any stoner who is old enough to vote by pretending to appease you. He can continue throwing stoners in jail and you'll just be another useful idiot who was fooled by a professional puppet. :wave:

16. [quote name='"kstigs"']

Once he's re-elected, he no longer has to give a shit about you or any stoner who is old enough to vote by pretending to appease you. He can continue throwing stoners in jail and you'll just be another useful idiot who was fooled by a professional puppet. :wave:[/quote]

Yup every politician ever in the past present or future, welcome to life :D

17. Maybe, maybe not. Take a look at the alternative. I'll risk a second term with Obama.

18. #18 Arteezy, Jul 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2012
    You think you have a say. You think Obama is better than Romney.
    :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
    :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

19. I'm sure the first black president wants to be remembered for drug legalization...lol

20. I feel both sides have so much money coming in to their pet projects that work in collusion with the drug war that it's unlikely things will change greatly either way; sadly there hasn't really been much of a difference displayed by either side in rhetoric or action.