Obama will overule any state that votes to legalize marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by ImurderBlunts, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Dude thats some fucken bullshit! Man... Fucken bull

2. There are still dispensaries open in California, so lets see him try.

3. That's completely different and he could shut them down in a heart beat if he wanted to.

4. I can't say that I am too worried about what this article is referring to. Compared to how the feds reacted in 2010 with prop 19 this is almost like an afterthought. It is a vague statement that was only given when a reporter pressed someone from the Justice Department.

I would have been a whole lot more worried if he said, "Yeah, sure, go nuts. Barry, Joe, Hillary, and I will be there sucking down a blunt in Seattle if this passes for sure!"

5. WTF this shit blows.

6. of course they both said that, they are running for president. you think obama is going to go pro marijuana in an election year? if obama wins he has nothing to lose by turning a blind eye, and watch to see how the states handle legal weed. if we fuck it up they will come at us.

we will be the guinea pigs

7. You people just have an excuse for everything. He never said this he actually made the justice department overule the ballot. He didn't just say it for publicity

" hey I'm pro weed but for my first term ill shut down legal mmj dispensaries, then ill make the laws harsher for users, and finally ill literally make voting useless by overuling a ballot, THEN ill be pro weed".

Gary Johnson 2012! He obviously won't win but you can strengthen the Libertarian party so we have a winner next election that's pro weed. End statism

8. #9 claygooding, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2012
    Saw this same article a week ago and it is an op-ed with the opinion of it's writer explained in it's title which implies the feds will overturn a ballot initiative voted in by a majority,,,don't even want to think of what the Supreme Court would rule on that little maneuver.

And the fed in the article never even mentioned suing the states,,so where did that come from?

PS: as far as the feds removing any dangers caused by legalization,,how about using the same formula on prohibition?

9. The article seems pretty legit but if someone can find another legit link that'd be cool

10. bullshit scare tactics.

11. The guy basically said they would take a 'wait and see' approach before they acted. I feel the title of this thread is misleading. Romney has stated he has no use for marijuana even for medicinal purposes. I'm positive he would go after the entire industry.

12. It's totally misleading. The title acts as if Obama himself said and enacted this whole thing.

It's a quote from the Deputy Attorney.

I feel like people get this idea in their heads that the president can just do whatever he wants. That Obama could just be like "Weed is now legal!" and TA-DA! It happens!

That's... not exactly the case. Not to mention the fact that the dude is just trying to get re-elected right now. A pro-legalization stance gets him a win from GC but not an overall win.

13. So glad I voted against this guy..

14. I voted for him and I have no regrets about it at all.

If Oregon was overwhelmingly for Obama, I would have voted for Gary Johnson just to try to get that 5 percent needed for third party funding.

Unfortunately, my state was very close between Romney and Obama in the polls, and I have no desire to see Romney as our next president.

15. Sure he could. All he has to do is pardon every single person convicted of a marijuana offense. Sooner or later, the prosecutors will stop pressing charges, and cops will stop making arrests over weed. 56% of the country supports legalization. Seems to me that's where politicians should be pandering to.

16. Id love to see the dea try to eradicate every stoner from a legal state....

Atleast colorado, if legalization passes you can grow your own... and you don't have to inform anyone of such

Let's see how much funding they can waste before they realize they are out matched

"When its legal, ill get all of you" well its currently illegal and he can't so I'm not sure what basis he has to argue he can change anything if its legal lol

17. Political suicide.

And even if he were to do that, 4 years from now we get a different president.

I think some people expect too much.

18. Obama is trying to get elected right now and the right wing would call any change in stance toward legalization as a flip-flop. Not only would the right mis-characterize anything the president says but they would make ads and play them in battleground states non stop. Fox news would have a field day. Not only would they paint him as a Marxist Muslim usurper mastermind of evil but they would say he wants to destroy your children and any other lies they could conjure up. After his re-election he can take a more liberal stance on many issues because he has nothing to lose as far as re-election is concerned. This is also why presidential pardons come at the END of most administrations.