Obama Widens Missile Strikes Inside Pakistan

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Norma Stits, Feb 21, 2009.

1. #41 McMuffinMe, Feb 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2009
    Huh, and from the same source that provided us with this lovely comic.

http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/AP_Photo/2009/02/19/1235023779_9085/539w.jpg

The News Paper that is also owned by News Corp a.k.a Rupert Murdoch a.k.a the guy who owns Fox News. I'll believe it when it's on Tom Hartmann. Rupert Murdoch even openly stated that the Fox News Channel has "never tolerated facts"....I'm pretty much verbatim here. Verbatim!

2. There is already a thread about the comic.

3. So much for the covert plan.

4. Well if we looked at history, every country that has invaded those regions has failed, and I am not just talking about the Soviet Union. England tried 4 times in the 1900's, the Indians have been trying for hundreds of years, and same with the persian's before the Indians. History has shown that people in those areas despise occupation by any country. We can have all the unmanned bombers, CIA operatives, troops and tanks...it won't amount for shit. The only thing in that area that has ever worked is diplomacy and getting there own country to clean it up. The British did that after they failed and the country did clean up it's act somewhat.

General Petraeus actually had it right with Afghanistan, or at least for a while he did, being that the only way to be effective in the region is to accept diplomacy and to recruit groups within the country that do not like the taliban to fight along side you. Which is what he did and something I hope continues.

A surge will not work in these areas, only "more of the same".

The Taliban wanted America to come in like the Russians, that is why there was 9/11, they were baiting us to come in there like we came into Germany with tons of troops, planes and tanks. The war would had gone in the Talibans favor that way, but we didn't do that.

This surge will only lead to a problem the taliban first wanted us to do, something Bush wanted to do and was talked out of it by Petraeus. The only way we are going to fix that country is get there own people against the Taliban, which is hard when we just shot a rocket into a crowd of women and children.

Get there own people to clean up Afghanistan and Pakistan are the only way, the more we occupy the more those people hate us, that is what history will show you.

5. People believe the American government owns and governs the land it is "sovereign" over.

History will show otherwise, and very soon.

6. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090222/ap_on_re_as/as_pakistan

7. what land are you talking of, the land in Afghanistan or America itself?

8. In America? America is a label, not a place.

America is sovereign over the 48 lower states, Alaska and Hawaii, am I correct?

9. All things are labels if that is where you are going with this, all these laws are just myths, used to keep the system churning.

10. Notably you didn't answer the tough question I posed you.

11. I agree with both the current and old U.S administration..
    Bomb for peace!
    Keep bombing until terrorism is out of the world.
    I see no flaws in the plan, I mean drop enough bombs and eventually all the terrorists will be dead.

12. Warmongering has become a US politician norm.

13. Yes, our wars are a full success.

[​IMG]

14. That rate can be said for any country that invades those lands, at least America has been doing the smart thing and recruiting there own inhabitants. That is the only way to go about a war like these.

15. Your posts sicken me. War is not the way to go, ever.

You know war is wrong. Get off your nationalistic, statist high-horse, praise the Lord for the life you have, and stand up for what is right: justice, truth, humanity, and love.

Don't give more of your rationalizing bullshit.

16. What I meant was how America is recruiting groups within the country that are anti-taliban to help fight the war. That is the only way those any invading force has been able to be effective in that region. I am not making a pro war argument, I am stating the facts, atleast America is doing an effective means of war instead of just invading with a really large force and hoping it works.

War is natural occurance, if you don't feel that way, try to give that virus some flowers and hope your peaceful happy go nature will make the virus change it's mind toward you. If you are going to do the inevitable, which Bush wanted and Obama is continuing, you might as well do it in an effective manner.

17. You'd give up your own life so easily. And what makes it so ironic is that I appreciate the life I live but accept the inevitable death whereas you're scared to lose your own.