Obama supports UN global gun ban less than 24 hours after reelection

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Swills, Nov 9, 2012.

1. I wish I could afford to stock up. This REALLY pisses me off. I was an obama supporter sort of....not that I supported either or, its all a joke. But now, I will talk shit on this fool.

I got one 12 ga with almost no rounds and my dads guns.....Better than nothing! My next rifle is either mini 14 or saiga 308

2. Always a good day when the concealed permit and gun aren't needed, and for any day I am prepared

Thats my philosophy

3. If we take away guns even IF they are controlled well enough to keep them out of everyones hands people will just start using other weapons instead....knives bats rocks sticks....home made 'gun' type things.....

The main point is that criminals do not follow gun laws anyway.......The only people who follow any type of gun regulations are law abiding citizens....by imposing more regulations your arent really effectively disarming anyone except law abiding citizens leaving them defenseless. The ones who abide by the law are the ones you want to be armed anyway.....They have loyalty towards the country obviously...in time of an invasion they can protect themselves and fight for the country.....in a time like that the govt cant possibly be there to protect everyone...

The argument goes on and on

4. If your intentions is to commit first degree murder, what is a illegal weapon charge to you. If your goal is to protect yourself you will not take a risk like that.

5. Exactly....even if you do take the risk your intention will be misconstrued. They will say theres NO WAY you bought this gun for self defense, you were planning to kill with it. One way or another! Its terrible....

Step 1: Tell everyone to hand over their guns
    Step 2: Kill all resistance
    Step 3: Declare Martial Law
    Step 4: Ask WE THE PEOPLE wtf ya gonna do about it?

6. Well considering that between my (now, RIP baby bro) two brothers and I we only have roughly a thousands guns, I think not. Add in my sister and you'd have about 8 more. (Disclaimer: oldest brother has the bulk since he is a gunsmith and licensed dealer). :cool: :smoke:

7. Im not saying some people and some groups will do damage if they try to go door to door taking guns, but it brings me deep sadness and worry when I say that I do not believe the government could be defeated. Thats why some will choose to die rather then be enslaved, and have the only way out be suicide.

8. Canadian perspective:

Holy bat shit crazy motherfuckers, comparing gun laws to enslavement? Can anyone actually buy in to the bs 'MMMUUUURRRRRICAA!!! freedom propaganda that hard? Shit's cray.

9. They didn't put the right to bear arms in our constitution for nothing

10. People have a right to concern, but shouldn't over-react. The intent of the treaty is to keep small arms away from rogue groups that do things like genocide, terrorism, and yes even legit actions to overthrough oppression or create oppression.

The main sticker for US citizens is the part that says a purchaser from another country should be registered and that data kept for 20 years. I don't know why they can't just call Walmart (or other big importer) the purchaser and rely on them adhering to local laws.

Of course that likely would not work in less regulated markets, but fuck it, make the rules different for them, don't restrict us. :smoke:

11. What he said.

12. That was a document written a long, long, longgg ass time ago. Sure it's important to you folk, but the values of 1788 don't exactly reflect the reality of today.

I'm not trying to trash America or directly disrespect you guys, but it's just ridiculous how absurd the reactions to the recent political events are. From delusional republicans thinking the world's coming to an end because of obama to people that would rather die than give up something they don't need to live because they think it's some form of political rape?
    Between the weed and gay marriage legalization and the democrats staying in power this is probably the most progressive political week you guys have ever had, but people be crazy.

13. See now here's a reasonable reaction.

14. The arguments for taking away guns are not as strong as the ones for keeping them. Its cool, I respect your opinion and can understand where youre coming from. But everyone should have a right to own as many guns as they want. You gonna outlaw lighters too because some people start fires?

What about flash drives better take those damn things off the market, hackers use em.

Oh yeah no more sharp knives either, those things kill people!

Im just saying why else would the government want to take away our guns? It really does nothing to stop violent crime....it has been argued and proved in many many studies and essays and journals and shit, and the govt is smart enough to know that but its whatever lol. theres no point in debating or arguing because none of us can really do anything except fight our own battles, live our own lives and make our own choices based on the circumstances surrounding them.

15. Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

Has the UN ever succeeded in disarming anyone, anywhere? Let alone disarming everyone everywhere?

This is just a lip service to those in the world, who feel that guns are perhaps a problem in their area.

Nothing will change, except more people will own guns tomorrow, than they do today.

Salesmen!!

16. "Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." – James Madison

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military." – William S. Burroughs

"The usual road to slavery is that first they take away your guns, then they take away your property, then last of all they tell you to shut up and say you are enjoying it." – James A. Donald

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

"We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists." - Patrick Henry

17. Why do people believe that because we have technology, the "values of the 18th century" don't apply anymore?

They are basic values to live by, in all times. This is what the people who wrote this document were trying to get across to you. There are even values in religion that date back much longer, that remain true to this day.

18. I wan't to sig this because it's pure fucking gold!:D:D:D
    Just nailing all the stereotypes lol. That's enough for tonight though, I'll wish you guys the best of luck with your firearms and hope there aren't any liberties stepped on.

19. The neighbor who has a small arsenal that worries you now might be the same neighbor saving your ass when the country is invaded or something else crazy happens.....

Obviously thats not something that is even.....maybe 50% likely to happen, but the thing is I dont know the stats on that....and on that note guns are just like condoms,

Its better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it!

20. Raised in central Texas (and DC), and currently in Montreal, I feel that I've seen both sides of the argument. While I understand the 2nd Amendment guarantees our rights as Americans to bear arms (you sure they didn't just mean grizzly bear arms?), I have to agree that there seems to be a bit of over-excitement about this law. Especially when you consider the intention of the bill (as someone mentioned earlier): to keep rogue groups from acquiring guns as easily. The aim of the ban isn't to restrict guns to everyone except the military and police.