Obama signs Monsanto Protection Act into law

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by caught1naction, Mar 27, 2013.

1. #1 caught1naction, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2013
  2. Fuck Monsanto...

3. We are free to continue just taking up the ass.

4. fuck these guys

5. Obama is just a puppet... I dont think he had these kind of plans before trying to be a president... I very believe that he does what he is asked to do.... infact I believe he has no other choice.

6. what a trip.

7. Are farmers still paid not to grow?

8. #8 goober0331, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2013
  9. Wow this is some bullshit

10. There are several former Monsanto executives now in the Obama administration. Keep that in mind when reading about this.

[​IMG]

11. Wow thats Obama for you. Fucking Monsanto...

12. This is horrible, I hate America.

13. #13 Draaa, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2013
    The government is going to take us all out of our rights and screw the common people over to protect the rich. First, it' the farmers and people who rely on welfare the most (those who have min. Waged jobs, didnt graduate hs &live in bad neighborhoods). Then it's the teachers and school systems, they will lose alot of rights. Then the working class along with fire fighters,cops and medics. The old people are losing their rights along with college students who are getting slapped with loans and no financial help to pay for school. The government is going to go up the social pyramid and knock out all of the social structure, it' going to lead to the 1% against the 99%. After they knock out the low class, they're going to knock out the middle-lower class then the middle class, working class and if there are no more to take away from the upper-middle class will have "too many rights" and "it's affecting the US spending".

The reason why I spend time studying abroad is because if im not rich in America, I will have a connection so I am able to move out of this country

Politicians spend most of their time dividing our country. We spend most of our time arguing with each other over our political views instead of trying to work together to solve our problems and make our country better. Not bash each other over someone being a liberal, yankee, tea partt whatever. The government as a whole now just want to take over the country for the rich and we all miss the main point. All of them will eventually turn into liars and go against their word & what they said they would do positive for our country. Whatever they want to do positive will always be voted against and will rarely be passed

14. This is just another reason to hang those bastards.

15. Just so you guys know, the broad scientific consensus is that GM crops pose no greater risk to human health than crops grown using traditional plant-breeding techniques.

People get all worked up about GMOs, but I doubt most of those people actually understand anything about genetic engineering. There is an absolute mountain of propaganda about this issue out there.

16. There is a lot of pro gm food propaganda, as the other side seems underfunded.

Modern Farming practices are horrible, and no better than gm foods.

traditional plant breeding involves cross pollination with compatible plants and most gm foods are produced with agrobacterium mediated transformation.

Where did you learn that they are basically the same threat?

17. Well according to the American Medical Association, and the National Academies of Sciences, no adverse health effects resulting from GMOs have been documented to date, in peer reviewed literature that is.

I agree that modern farming practices are harmful to the environment, but in the matter of GM crops affecting human health, nobody has managed to document any harmful effects.

As for agrobacterium mediated transformation, it is one of the simplest and easiest forms of genetic modification, and is really just a more refined way of way of accomplishing what traditional breeding does, isolating beneficial genes and eliminating harmful ones.

18. How long did it take to get the scientific community to agree that cigarettes caused cancer again?

19. wait.. so now they can genetically modify foods in an unsafe manner.. then sell it to us? am i getting this wrong?
    whats GMO?