Obama Signs Executive Order to Bolster Gun Registry

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by seaf0ur, Apr 1, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

President Obama has not just been speaking in front of cameras with victims of gun violence staged behind him, he's also been busy bypassing Congress by signing executive orders and other actions on gun control.

In January, Obama issued 23 executive gun control proposals that were mostly organizational and procedural in nature. But now he has officially signed his first definitive executive order to take gun control into his own hands, according to The Hill.

The Hill reports:

Obama's Department of Justice says their aim is to strengthen the “quality and quantity of records contained within the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).”

Last week the DOJ announced that it is pouring $20 million into beefing up the national gun registry.

“As part of President Obama's comprehensive plan to reduce gun violence, the Administration is committed to enhancing and strengthening the national criminal record system in support of stronger firearm background checks,” said Attorney General Eric Holder. “The Department of Justice intends to take immediate and effective action to work with states to fill gaps in information currently available to the NICS system.”

The DOJ describes the new program as follows:

Obama's administrative action also included plans for more research into “trigger locks and firearm safe standards to determine if they need to be improved” - aka smart guns, and $1 million to promote gun control through a propaganda campaign.

The Hill writes:

Isn't this something the NRA does for free, funded by memberships? These multimedia ads will most likely be some ghastly “see something, say something” campaign to help viewers identify “irresponsible” gun owners.

Finally, this executive order will subsidize the surveillance-industrial complex through a “Cooperative Purchasing” program to provide schools with discounted rates for ”surveillance cameras, emergency communication systems, security design and support, and employee background check systems.”

Federally-funded Big Brother surveillance for schools by executive order. It seems the gun control frenzy is bearing more tyrannical fruit than could have been dreamed up by Orwell himself.

In summary, Obama has signed an executive order to expand and improve the gun database with $20 million in funding, appropriated money for a anti-gun propaganda blitz, and wants all schools tracked, traced, and databased.

If the motivation for an executive order like this was anything but gun control, Americans would probably be mortified. But instead, the numbed masses will likely cheer that he is finally doing something to avenge senseless murder. Problem-Reaction-Solution accomplished.

2. i only skimmed the info here, and i'm not saying Obama should be bypassing congress, but it sounds like the stuff in this order are pretty reasonable and will do nothing to hurt honest gun owners. am i wrong?

3. last 2 paragraphs sum it up.

In summary, Obama has signed an executive order to expand and improve the gun database with $20 million in funding, appropriated money for a anti-gun propaganda blitz, and wants all schools tracked, traced, and databased.

If the motivation for an executive order like this was anything but gun control, Americans would probably be mortified. But instead, the numbed masses will likely cheer that he is finally doing something to avenge senseless murder. Problem-Reaction-Solution accomplished.

4. what does that mean?

5. #5 seaf0ur, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2013
    [​IMG]

First, consider the following;

1. Criminals don't follow the laws - hence they are criminals. So creating a Universal Background Check would not prevent Bob the criminal from selling an illegal gun to Joe the criminal. Do you think they are going to comply with this?

2. Even if UBC's were in effect, how would a police officer know that the unloaded MSR in my trunk was obtained thru this new system? Well, there would have to be a registry so Mr Police Officer could check.

3. So since the criminals don't buy guns the way that you and I do, and they won't comply with the UBC mandate, then it will end up being you and I who fill this gun registry list.

4. The only reason to create this list (since criminals won't be on it) is so they have my address and know where to come and confiscate the guns from. Don't think so? Look at New Orleans post Katrina.

as to your question:

Regional offices with the General Services Administration have begun to reach out to schools, advising them about the agency's “Cooperative Purchasing” program, which encourages schools to obtain security equipment including: surveillance cameras, emergency communication systems, security design and SUPPORT (want para-military goons in YOUR kids schools with MP5's?), and employee background check systems. All to be linked to a national database of god only knows what....

Before too long minor melancholy will be considered enough to make you "mentally unstable" and "unfit" to possess firearms.