Obama signs executive order closing Gitmo within year

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sneakatoke, Jan 22, 2009.

1. #1 sneakatoke, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2009
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/22/guantanamo.order/index.html

A second order bans torture by requiring that the Army field manual be used as the guide for terror interrogations. A third establishes a task force to review all detention policies and procedures, and individual cases.

I'm pleasantly surprised. Obama kept his word on this issue. +1

2. I saw that this morning. It made my day.

3. but where will they go?

http://www.iht.com/articles/2009/01/23/mideast/detainee.1-414168.php?page=1

4. Was Said Ali tried before his release? I think the detainees should be tried rather than held indefinitely with no charges.

5. They are all going to a secret list of military bases in the US, some others will be dropped in third world countries that will take them.

6. What is your attachment to these men?

That you feel attached to defending them so heavily.

7. Glad he's on the ball already.

GITMO was a boil on America's ass, filled with festering pus.

8. trie them on american soil and give them all the rights that a american citizen has,,,,

the rights that many men died so that we '' the true american citizen'' can have a good judicial system...

our troops risked all to capture these men,,,,only to have it stuck up thier asses,,,

our soldiers should just kill them on the spot,,,,because the system is broken,,,,

:cool:

9. I reserve my judgement for his administration after he has some time at being a president and actually making critical decisions that aren't remenant of the bush admin(although that list is pretty long). I think he'd be an amazing president though if he got rid of the patriot act. Now that thing is complete and utter bull shit. oh, and decrim'd MJ :)