Obama Sends 100 US Troops to Uganda to Help Combat Lord’s Resistance Army

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Catatafish, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Most of Switzerland's male citizens have assault rifles in their homes, and some have heavier equipment (anti tank launchers etc.) Basically any able bodied male there that's the right age (something like 18-65 I can't remember exactly) is in the militia and have these weapons and the requisite ammo for them in their homes. Yet crime and poverty are insanely low. Explain that one.

Legislating morality is never, ever a good idea. This is the same stuff I try to tell misguided friends all the time in regard to pot and other drugs, if you outlaw something, it does not go away, you just hand it over to the black market. Period. Laws and regulation do not change the character of people.

And blankly labeling anyone who wants to own a gun as "sad as pathetic" is pretty unfair. I'm a huge history buff and at some point I'm looking to buy a Russian Mosin 91/30 and a German Kar98 (world war 2 era rifles mass produced by the million). Am I sad and pathetic for wanting to own a piece of history that I can also go outside and shoot in the snow at some targets for fun?

And about this Uganda thing, I don't believe for a second the US government cares one bit about the people suffering over there. Give me a break. With our history of (literally) sponsoring terrorism and overthrowing democratically elected governments to install hard right oppressive dictatorships it's laughable that our government cares about some poor people on the other side of the planet. We're also allies with the Saudis, lol. I don't see us sending SF teams over there to stop some adulterous wife from getting stoned to death.

The real way to fight these kinds of atrocities (and again I'm not even slightly convinced that's our motivation in Uganda), would be to send a bunch of Catholic nuns/Christian aid workers---ones who actually hold to "bless those who curse you" + "Blessed are the peacemakers" and not "The United States of America is ordained by God to invade any sovereign power it chooses"---over there to help these people. Not government sponsored of course. The real way to change people's "hearts and minds" is with love, not guns.

2. It Sure sucks to be those 100 troops. I wonder if they had any say in that decision. There's nothing like taking blind orders from a corrupt government that will lie for mere convenience. Ex. Wmd's in Iraq

3. yea, so america killing terrorists.

isnt that what we do? why does it matter if its christian or muslim. terrorists are bad. thats why they are called TERRORists

4. Man the system must have you brainwashed big time. :eek:

"Terrorist" is just a label that they can slap on anyone.

If the media all went on the air tonight and labeled you a "Terrorist" I can assure you that a vast number of numb nuts would believe it. They would regard the facts as indiscernible and unimportant.

The truth is that white Europeans have been exploiting Africa for well over a hundred years. If there are blood thirsty 'terrorists' in Africa they were probably trained to be that way by the west.

If white Europeans would have never set foot in Africa there would be no "Terrorists" in Africa.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HI0Z0aMjoM"]HOW THE BRITISH STOLE ZIMBABWE - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05oNUXLERh4"]The history of Cecil John Rhodes - YouTube[/ame]

5. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEbMOyxyvNM"]Natural Resource Exploitation in Africa - YouTube[/ame]

6. It's one of those situations where we help them, and they will have to repay us back in the future.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51TXYvzlw6o"]Counter Terrorists Win - YouTube[/ame]

7. oh god i lol'd at this

[​IMG]

8. #88 Americandutchyz, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2012
    lol you do understand that hes only sending 100 troops out of a 1,456,862 strong active duty force... This is not "Jihad" its a rebel army killing, pillaging, and raping and those special forces are going to tear them a new asshole. This is one of the good things our military does and STILL people will bitch *facepalm

9. #89 Americandutchyz, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2012
    They are most likely sending special forces, either that or an elite unit of some sort. Their main goal is to eliminate the leadership or cut the head off the snake, not massive coordinated attacks on rebel positions, I'm sure if they do that, they will have the help of the govt. troops.