Obama says NO on Pipeline

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pokey LeFarge, Jan 18, 2012.

1. I can't believe this. We need jobs and we need to get off oil in the ME. This is what disturbs me about the Obama administration. He is doing absolutely nothing to provide jobs.

2. Well Jimmy I would have to agree. The only jobs that he is into creating are Government jobs that suck the wealth out of the productive private sector. Keynesian economics always fails.

[​IMG]

3. Some constructive criticism, if you make a topic in the politics section, you should give a link or quote so people can make their own inferences.

But anyways, Obama is got by the balls. Reason why DC loves him? Because he gives them what they usually want.

4. The last thing we need is oil.

5. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYIC0eZYEtI]George Carlin -"Who Really Controls America" - YouTube[/ame]

6. :confused:

7. I don't know about this, but

I thought i read that this could be dangerous to the environment?

8. MSNBC has been going to town on this pipeline.. Every time my MSNBC loving grandpa comes over all he does is yap about how bad this pipeline is and that they should just tap north dakota's oil fields or something..

To me it seems ridiculous Obama would halt something that has the potential to create so many jobs as well as help relieve our addiction to ME oil.. I also believe one of the major reasons he stopped it was because MSNBC was relentless in its coverage.. There are probably some serious big company shenanigans at play here..

9. I don't know about the environment but if gas prices go any higher, I am absolutely fucked, I mean lose my house fucked. As it is I'm living on ramen noodles and rodents. Okay maybe not that bad but I'm barely hanging on here. I just gave away the last of my savings to the government for property taxes.

10. Fossil fuels are not sustainable, nor are they a reliable source of energy. We need renewable energy, which would also provide jobs and help the economy

11. i am making my own way in the world. im independent and live in a sustainable way. you sound like your a slave to the system. take a step outside.

maybe then you will realize the only real long term option is to become self sustaining.

im very glad this pipeline is blocked. the last thing we need is more oil. its really a shame oil didnt run out 10 years ago.

12. I don't think you understand that if oil were to suddenly run out hundreds of millions of people would starve to death. Liberals claim to care about the poor but high gas prices affect the poor the most. I'm sorry but not all of us can live some hippie drifter life style.

13. [quote name='"mushroomsatsuji"']
    Fossil fuels are not sustainable, nor are they a reliable source of energy. We need renewable energy, which would also provide jobs and help the economy[/quote]

I agree but we jst can't up and get rid of oil. Need to be weaned off, I think we need the pipeline but need more and more sources of renewable energy too!

14. Maybe you should think about the environmental factors and not just about the lost jobs. Not to mention if america dedicated 10% of its land mass to growing hemp for bio fuel it would be completely energy independent and sustainable. An acre of hemp can create 10 tons of bio fuel in 4 months, bio fuel can be turned into methane, methanol or gasoline.

15. No one is saying we can't have alternative energy and shouldn't pursue clean renewable energy. But in the meanwhile people need work, people need to feed their families and the economy depends on oil.

16. That is s good point! But it can't happen right now as much as I wish it could

17. We have plenty of oil we just choose not to use it-

Exxon predicts U.S. oil imports have peaked | Institute for Energy Research

Granted this is a pro oil group but they seem to have their facts straight. Most people know that we are sitting on tons of energy like coal, natural gas and conventional petroleum. Renewable energy is a good thing but the tech is not there yet in order for it to be viable and power the whole economy or even make a significant dent. Facts are facts, develop our conventional resources for the short term and use some of the tax money collected to develop cleaner and renewable solutions. That is a middle of the road way that I think most people can agree on.

18. I'm not jst thinking about the jobs, i mean majority of America is dependent on oil and that's not going to change no matter what u or I do at least for awhile, not many ppl are informed on renewable sources of energy

19. Oooh goody so countries will start invading us for our oil.