Obama Puts Taxpayers On The Hook For Student Loan Repayment

Discussion in 'Politics' started by xmaspoo, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Obama Taps Taxpayers For Student Stimulus | Fox News

I like to stay positive and think that people will see this bailout for the sham that it is, but sadly I know a lot of ignorant people I went to school with (20 something) that will eat this garbage up.

Any program where the government lets you cheat your obligation to repay a loan, you better believe it will be abused.

Herp Derp Obama gots me a cheap edumakation! :hello:

Meanwhile the costs of college continues to go through the roof, I'm sure college deans across the country are circle jerking about this new executive order.

Not only is this a horrible program, Congress doesn't even have a say in our money being used to pay for someones education who had no business going to college in the first place. :mad:

2. Ohh hell yeah! OBAMA 2012!

3. Instant gratification much Hank?

4. Hey at least he is bailing out me this time and not the big banks and corporations! I'll take that crumb falling from big govs mouth! lol

5. Professor obama is educating these students so they will never forget how to fuck the taxpayer... Freeload on someone elses dime.

6. He spoke about this at my college this morning.
    I like what he has to say, but not what he did to traffic in the area! haha

7. You see why academia accepts its role as a propaganda machine for the statist government? Schools teach blatantly wrong history, economics, politics, etc., that do nothing but serve to honor and glorify the state. They sell their intellectual souls to the highest bidder, which is always the government. This kind of government spending is made possible by the brainwashing of the masses into thinking that Keynesian economics has any validity. Academia teaches a completely false version of economics that in turn makes the majority believe that government growing and spending is a good thing, and in return the government steals from the people to make sure schools are given as much money as they want. The depth of the corruption is disgusting.

8. #8 HongKongPhooey, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2011
    [​IMG]

Votes and votes and votes and votes and votes and votes and votes and votes and votes and votes and votes and votes...

Where the fuck were you at 3 years ago OBAMAMAMANAFNDKGNLASFN!!!!:mad: Oh yeah you had just got elected and didn't need the fucking votes anymore!!

Fucking pisses me off how much of politician this guy is every goddamn move he makes reminds me of a campaigner-in-chief and unpresidential as fuck. Grease the big business world cocks, gather up the Union troops and reenergize the youth grassroots movement just before the big ReElection, and people like HankMoody just eat that shit up.

9. And people think Ron Paul is crazy for wanting to get rid of Federal student loans
    :confused_2:

10. Some people lack the intelligence to understand economics. I can't be mad at people like that. It's not their fault that they have genetic limitations on understanding things. The people that piss me off are the ones that have a relatively high intelligence and knowledge, yet still cling to wrong and extremely harmful ideas. The ones that are just stupid don't bother me though.

11. I hate to break it to any soon to be college graduates that might be debating the merits of this initiative Obama has undertaken, but the job market will still suck for years to come.

You may think this is good for you, but it will blow up in America's face. Higher unemployment, more student loan debt, more College deans making ungodly amounts of money at your expense, etc.

12. God what the fuck is with the rampant conservatism on this website? Obama is trying to make student loans more manageable and apparently that's a bad thing? We shouldn't have to pay for higher education at all. If someone qualifies to be in it then it should be provided for because education is a right we all should be allotted if we work for it. This isn't even "putting taxpayers on the hook", it's allowing students to consolidate debt and trying to lighten the load that they have to pay while allowing them to establish their lives, families and careers.

And, if it matters, I somehow doubt a grad of GW will use their degree to be a social worker. Which, by the way, is something far more noble and contributive to society than anything I'm sure you will ever do.

13. Yeah let's get rid of accessible and affordable education funding. That surely won't decrease the intellectual assets of the country by placing even more of an extraordinary financial barrier on education.

14. Just because the government will no longer be loaning the money doesn't mean that higher education will no longer be be accessible or affordable.

15. You say this until a mixture of inflation and higher taxes become the obvious aftermath of this program.

Where the hell do you think the money comes from to pay for this crap? We don't have it, we either borrow it (still not enough money), or we print the money out of thin air. Counterfeiting undermines the value of any currency, ours included.

So between high inflation and higher taxes, I'm glad you can support picking up 80% of some jackass's law school degree who will move on to sue the company you work for in a class action lawsuit.

By the way, where is the authority to do this in the constitution? By Executive Order no less.... :confused_2:

16. There are many free thinking, intelligent people on this board. So naturally there are many conservatives here.

17. Keep telling yourself that until the day you realize that government regulation is all that keeps the roads in order, clean water flowing, rivers from burning, schools open, and normal society functioning.

18. Rivers from burning? :laughing:

A+ for effort, I think you're the one that needs to keep telling yourself the government will be there to take care of yourself.

19. Hmmm.....Im not sure if your serious

20. I'm a university student, and I like what Obama is doing here. But it's really not going to help stimulate the economy at this point. Even if students graduate what are the chances that they will find a job? All this does will give us more time to find a job, or more time to work at starbucks....