Obama publicly states we is less dangerous than alcohol.

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Joey Metro, Jan 19, 2014.

1. #21 runthistown18, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
    Been telling cats this Colorado legalization and marijuana in the media daily is just a set up/test to lead to nationwide legalization

2. To bad his word are empty. Why doesn't he at the very least lower the schedule of MJ Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. #23 thebeaver50, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014

Its not that easy . he cant just walk out there and say " Ok its ok now to smoke cannabis " . its big government  , this country is not run by one man ..certainly not barrack Obama .  it would be difficult for any president to do more at this point . the DEA has been in tears for months now on youtube .the feds in general have denounced this whole legalization . the ball is moving way faster than anyone has expected . im just happy watching it all play out .

4. Breaking news.

The sky is blue.

5. i think its spelled wii

I doubt it...not any time soon anyways...the only people that need convincing are the people who pass the laws and they've known weed is not that harmful for a while

7. [quote name="thebeaver50" post="19374052" timestamp="1390230230"]Its not that easy . he cant just walk out there and say " Ok its ok now to smoke cannabis " . its big government , this country is not run by one man ..certainly not barrack Obama . it would be difficult for any president to do more at this point . the DEA has been in tears for months now on youtube .the feds in general have denounced this whole legalization . the ball is moving way faster than anyone has expected . im just happy watching it all play out .[/quote]He sure thinks he does. And he could change the schedule of any drug if he wanted too but he doesn't just like everything else that comes out bs hoeSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. yeah its not much but its something. he's just saying it to justify the lack of federal action in colorado and washington so the DEA is prolly under orders to hold off and see how it pans out

it's all money in the end, they don't give a fuck about health and safety. when colorado and washington is seen to be making good cash from legalization then he will consider the 'experiment' a success and legalization will spread to more states

9. No the pres cannot unilaterally reschedule marijuana. Not sure who told you that but whoever they were are wrong.

10.  The next POTUS will be who is chosen.  He/she will look at it how they are told to look at it.
    He/she will only take action when directed to.

It doesn't really matter much who is POTUS, the real bosses are the same.

11. think about how his statement would affect state voters all over the country. when the most influential person in the world says that about a substance 1 drug.. it's gonna make those uneducated people really think.  :hello:

12. didn't say that, if he wanted to make it happen he could, but no effort 

and again , No he couldn't .

14. #34 goober0331, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
    Too bad this means nothing, its just political pandering. Obama should focus on taking Holder away (DoJ - DEA - Drug raids), and the head of the FDA (Schedule Drugs), people who he has appointed, and get proper people in to do their jobs. But that wont ever happen. Its also interesting to see what Obama could do with executive orders and what consequences they would have on pot in general, but that isnt going to happen either.

Obama doesnt mention those things, because that would actually get the public active. The White House even reaffirmed that there is no intention from Obama to even discuss pot not being a schedule 1. Until that happens, the federal government is always going to have their hands dirty.

I also hope people realize that Obama didnt say pot was less dangerous, simply said it wasnt any more dangerous than alcohol, which sounds like he is comparing the two, which is idiotic. He says further mention how it has less consequences on the individual consumer, but doesnt give any details and so its just all vague statements with no substance.

im not defending him at all .

I just decide to look at the positive side of things . Of course it could be a lot better anything could . im ok with the progress in the last year or so . im in the deep south where marijuana is frowned upon big time . To see the president say anything close to what he said comparing alcohol and cannabis is super news to us here who still have to hide in the closet and buy weed from crack-heads hoping to get a fair shake .

I do understand what your saying though . Obama being a " Puffer " himself in the past knows better . Wouldn't it be awesome if it was discovered he still smoke cannabis daily !  :)

16. Really, You mean the people who he appointed won't do what there told by him, ya right.... If your going to chime in and say something make it useful. 

17. Well, his approval rating is in the dumpster, so why not fire up the Obama-weed issue again as a distraction, especially with all the weed publicity lately. 

can't wait till the legal-ness of cannabis eliminates the shady low life drug dealer aspect( it will not eliminate totally but will make it less favorable for low life scum to push pounds when you can get it at the local mart). there will always be folks who grow and want to share what they grew with others, support your local grower!!

yep .

Just like when we move to Colorado soon. I know im not gonna be growing the dankest for a while but I will be growing . You cant have but a certain amount in your household so I will surely be giving stuff away to friends and family when the stuff starts stacking up .

20. Get me some of that Obama Kush, I wanna get so presidential high I can stare at the sun. B)

Attached Files: