Obama picks Eric Holder for Attorney General

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dickie4:20, Nov 18, 2008.

1. #1 Dickie4:20, Nov 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2008
    Obama is said to have picked the former Clinton Deputy Attorney General, to be the next A.G.. Holder was also one of the heads of Obama's VP search group and was an early obama supporter. The pick was leaked to Michael Isikoff of Newsweek Magazine. What do guys think good choice or bad choice? I dont care for him cause he wont stop prosecutions and incarceration of marijuana users, but i guess anyone is better that Alberto G.:rolleyes:

Heres the whole story-http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/poweringup/archive/2008/11/18/obama-s-attorney-general.aspx

Oh and did i mention hes african american

2. could he not get Alan Shore?
    [​IMG]

3. Yay! more former Clinton staffers! I can feel the change crawling all over my body :laughing:

4. Its just getting sad at this point. CHANGECHANGECHANGECHANGE.......

Ill just keep chanting it and maybe eventually Ill believe it like everyone else.

5. You're critique is that he's picking someone who is experienced and knowledgeable?

6. No not at all cause its "Change" we can believe in. Yes we can, yes we can, yes we can, yes we.....

7. Well Democrats love him so he'll get confirmed easily most likely.

8. How can you call someone that believes marijuana to be a violent drug, and wants to make all users and distributors felons, knowledgeable?

We know he's experienced...
    [​IMG]

9. Highly practiced in deception and violating civil liberties? Sounds like the perfect candidate for the Obama administration to me.

10. hmm..

no one has mentioned that Sarah Palin is dumb yet.

but seriously, I'd guess Obama owes the Clinton's some favors since they campaigned for him. Looks like Hillary may just get sec of state after all.

11. President-elect Obama has tapped Eric Holder, Jr for attorney general, and most of the opposition thus far has centered around Holder's role in the eleventh hour Clinton pardons. I get bored just typing about that. I'm much more worried about what Holder wanted to do 12 years ago, when he was U.S. attorney for the District of Coumbia.

U.S. Attorney Eric H. Holder Jr. said in an interview that he is considering not only prosecuting more marijuana cases but also asking the D.C. Council to enact stiffer penalties for the sale and use of marijuana.

"We have too long taken the view that what we would term to be minor crimes are not important," Holder said, referring to current attitudes toward marijuana use and other offenses such as panhandling.

Now, people arrested in the District and charged with distributing marijuana, even large quantities, face only misdemeanor charges, a standard that has sparked repeated complaints by police officers.

He also told the Washington Post that "the District could learn from New York's 'zero-tolerance' policy." I wonder what people in the drug policy reform movement, who have so far been (relatively) optimistic about Obama, think of this.

http://www.reason.com/blog/show/130156.html

what's that you guys were saying about decriminalization?